How do you not get too cocky as a producer?

I can respect arrogant people that I feel have earned the right to be arrogant through their own talent and hard work.... it's the undeservedly arrogant people that I can't stand. Confident people are another story though.

Musically speaking I'm my own biggest critic, but I'm not afraid to acknowledge my strong points. Don't do a lot of shit talk where I'm actually serious..... but in my head I kind of want to dominate everyone around me lol. People talk about not trying to make it a competition on some *everyone gets a blue ribbon* ish, but I'm just thinking "Nah son I'm tryna take souls out here" lol. I'm the nicest dude in the world and I sincerely wanna see everyone do well and win......but lowkey I wanna crush your spirit at the same time

I'll just help you back up after I do lol

Wow, too many people misinterpret cockiness for confidence. Confidence will take you to new heights and cockiness will get you kicked in the ass when you eventually fall. But uh, this is my answer: keep things in perspective. There will ALWAYS be something you don't know and someone who knows what you know better than you, thats why no one 'makes it' alone. Knowing that no matter how good I get I'll still be a beginner in somethin important or will need someone else to continue to succeed keeps me humble. With that being said, remember to treat cats how you wanna be treated. As quiet as its kept, music business circles and social circles in general are extremely small compared to what you'd think, if you piss on cats and step on the ones that show you love, they'll be sure to remember how you acted when they are successful

I don't this is something you can learn or cultivate

Either you understand that being cocky is stupid and childish not matter who you (think you) are and what you did
Or You act dumb and cocky because you can't see this fact

Peace

Back