How do I hook up M Audio Fast Track Pro to Mixer

June_TSEnt

J. Taylor
I have a Behringer 1204 mixer and I wanted to know how to connect it to my M Audio Fast Track Pro? The mic i have only fits the mixer so I wanted to have the Interface clean up my vocals. Can anyone help?

the interface isn't going to clean up anything. i'm bout to tell you how to hook up every peice of audio equipment ever made. audio out to audio in. thats it. mic into mixer, mixer into interface. if your sound sucks going into the mixer, it's gonna suck going into the interface as well, the interface doesn't have any magic pixie dust inside that's gonna magically clean up your audio. YOU have to fix your recording techniques, just running it thru an interface isn't going to help. honestly, if you could, you'd probably benefit from dumpin that behringer mixer, that probably the weakest link in your chain, depending on what kind of mic you have. but since you said the mic only fits the mixer, guess your stuck. i'd check to make sure that you don't have an input on the interface for the mic so you can skip that mixer all together, it's not needed unless you have more sources than the mic (or if your interface doesn't have an input for it). what mic do you have that "it only fits the mixer"?
LevLove

actually, i had to come back and laugh at ur post. why do you think your mic only works with the mixer and doesn't work with the fast track pro?

Last edited:
iT'S NOT THAT MY SOUND SUCKS IN FACT TRACKS ARE UP TO PRO LEVEL, I JUST WANTED TO C IF THE INTERFACE WOULD MAKE EM SOUND BETTER. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GETTING A BETTER SOUND EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE BEST QUALITY. I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD HELP..NOW I GOT A FAST TRACK PRO UP FOR SALE..LOL
THX

LOL, relax, i wasn't tryin to insult you, i'm just sayin the FTP itself isn't going to improve anything. how much you askin for it? so you are going mic, mixer, computer? you using the computer's built in soundcard or what? i know the FTP would probably be better than the built-in soundcard, but it won't improve the sound coming from the mixer, it'll probably improve the sound coming out since it probably has better converters than the onboard soundcard. while it won't improve the sound going in, it will sound more accurate coming out compared to the onboard audio (if indeed you are using the onboard soundcard).
LevLove

Back