How do i get this odd pitch bend ?

deedashstef

D-Stef Productions LLC
SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THIS PITCH BEND EFFECT ON THE 808 WHAT IS HE DOIN TO MAKE IT DO THAT DIFFERENT PITCH BEND SOUND I USE REASON DAW ANYONE CAN HELP ?

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THIS PITCH BEND EFFECT ON THE 808 WHAT IS HE DOIN TO MAKE IT DO THAT DIFFERENT PITCH BEND SOUND I USE REASON DAW ANYONE CAN HELP ?

I don't know how that shit gets labelled as 'music'... rap, trap, r&b, wtf.... its just like ftf ing w.. lol

that's kinda part of the package when you ask advice online, you also invite bias and opinion.
but yeah that is portamento on the sub drum.

something you might want to try is setting a specific amount of pitch shift or portamento to the mod wheel on your midi controller, so that when you push it all the way up or down, that it is a controlled amount of effect (for example, set the limit to 12 semitones) which will cause a full octave shift. or for more subtle pitch changes, you can make it a smaller value.

this will allow you to have hands on control over when those changes take place and with a few auditions, you will have it down easily...much easier to record this way vs manual automation and you learn your midi controller much better this way for future performance and technique.

good luck.

Back