how do i get my beat alive

Eazydwan

Am good
I mix my vocal on cubase 5 but mixing of my beat is always on fls12.... There is this problem that I have been facing for a very long time although I didn't study mixing and mastering in any school but I still have people around me that still prefare my mix but I still want to improve on my Eq applying and how best to use my effect on kick and bass and even my percussions entirely... Please any Guru in the house should help me out...

I mix my vocal on cubase 5 but mixing of my beat is always on fls12.... There is this problem that I have been facing for a very long time although I didn't study mixing and mastering in any school but I still have people around me that still prefare my mix but I still want to improve on my Eq applying and how best to use my effect on kick and bass and even my percussions entirely... Please any Guru in the house should help me out...
are your drums live? leaving them live is the way to go imo. if not you'r not doing this u could sample live drumming and layer underneath one shot drum samples
also working with layers to target certain frequencies sometimes as opposed to boosting that frequency in the mix. if u get what i'm saying.

Last edited:
Check out Pensado's place videos and tutorials. there are lots of good tricks and techniques on that :)
High quality plugins and outboard will hep once you have your techniques down even more.

Back