How can I get a job at a studio as a producer?

Kayriz Beatz

Kayriz Beatz
I was wondering if anybody knows about getting job at a studio as a producer(beat maker). If you do how did you or someone you know go about getting the job? How much did you/they get paid?​

I may be wrong, but i really don't think you can get a 'job' at a studio.. You can get signed by a label, sell beats to artists, work as a mixing engineer in a studio. but i think 99% of the times its working by contract.

There really arent any jobs out there like that, what you might be thinking of is the Engineer, the guy who mixes beats/songs that Producers/artists make, to be an engineer you basicly need to go to classes for that, isn't really something out of the box like producing/rapping, otherwise Engineers would be obsolete in the Music industry

yeah if you mean 'engineer', you may have to be willing to work for free for a bit to prove yourself, but most studios will end up paying you eventually. The best thing to do would be to submit some tracks you've worked on and hope that they will give you a shot at it. But, if you mean producer, you will be the guy who pays for the session with the 'engineer' who also brings your hopeful singer/drummer/guitarist down with you.

only producer 'jobs' making music I ever had was from lecturers at my college years ago... and they ripped me off hard.

you need to create a client list that comes to you for production all the time

and those clients will have to need tracking and mixing so the studio can make money off of your clients

that would be the value for them to let you use their studio to make and mix your instrumentals

that you pitch to artists and that you sell online through an instant instrumental store like myflashstore or isellbetternow and others companies that offer this service

I suggest that you build your production company up first
bring value and benefits to any business relationship you create

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

Last edited:
I went with a friend to mix a song down at a studio in London in June, starting talking with the Engineer and was offererd a job as a Runner to start with on about £7PPH, with the option to rent up the studio and work freelance with my own clients after some time. Hit up the local studios.

As for making beats, Online promos probly the best bet aswell as working with local artists you can charge.

I've heard of many of situations in which someone starts off as an intern doing basic stuff like clean-up, administrative assignments, and the occasional prep of equipment and gear, and they naturally work their way into the engineer's seat over time.

It's kinda tough to break in. First of all you need certification and mad skills (which comes with a lot of experience). Most studios don't really want to hire new guys because experience really matters in this line of business

Its all contract work. There are always a list of engineers that work for studios but its all contracted by the artist. You only get paid if you get hired for sessions

Back