How can I appeal to the streets and suburbs like Pac Did?

For instance, when Lil wayne was hot he appealed to everybody. Black people white people , hoodrats ,old people ,really everybody. What do you have to bring to the table to be a superstar? Guys like kanye and jay z MIGHT get played down south but a guy like wayne gets played everywhere. I like to make music to trap beats but at the same time I want that nationwide appeal that alot of rappers dont have. Even a rapper like Kendrick lamar doesnt get his music played by D-boys and hoodrats where im from cuz he's not street enough and he goes over peoples head too much with all that boring lyrical ish, which os fine sometimes but it jus gets boring to listen too.Wayne had that all around swag that was never seen before. Im not a wayne dckridr thats just he only rapper I could think to use for an example. What do you guys think ?

It's no longer what you bring to the table, it's what the label wants to bring out of you. These "top" rappers are not in superstar positions because of what they bring to the table but more so because of OVER marketing and OVER promotion, people are actually tricked into liking this music because it's all that's ever played on the radio non stop 24/7. I mean do you really think 2 chains is a good rapper. C"MON SON!!!

For instance, when Lil wayne was hot he appealed to everybody. Black people white people , hoodrats ,old people ,really everybody. What do you have to bring to the table to be a superstar? Guys like kanye and jay z MIGHT get played down south but a guy like wayne gets played everywhere. I like to make music to trap beats but at the same time I want that nationwide appeal that alot of rappers dont have. Even a rapper like Kendrick lamar doesnt get his music played by D-boys and hoodrats where im from cuz he's not street enough and he goes over peoples head too much with all that boring lyrical ish, which os fine sometimes but it jus gets boring to listen too.Wayne had that all around swag that was never seen before. Im not a wayne dckridr thats just he only rapper I could think to use for an example. What do you guys think ?

lol, the title says how to appeal to the streets and suburbs like "PAC" did, then your thread post goes on about how lil wayne appealed to everybody.
are you saying pac and wayne are alike???

It's no longer what you bring to the table, it's what the label wants to bring out of you. These "top" rappers are not in superstar positions because of what they bring to the table but more so because of OVER marketing and OVER promotion, people are actually tricked into liking this music because it's all that's ever played on the radio non stop 24/7. I mean do you really think 2 chains is a good rapper. C"MON SON!!!

thats not why i like those rappers. its not about marketing imo.
they just have that charisma and appeal thats fun to listen to, regardless of how lyrical or not 2chainz might be.

Fact of the matter is hip hop is now "outsourcing" talent so to speak. They are no longer making big money off of record sales anymore do to the internet and pirating therefore they don't want to pay people with talent so they look for the cheapest and fastest way to put out music, market and promote the shit out of it to brainwash people into thinking its' hot, than rob the artist of everything they're making with 360 deals than once their buzz wears off, kick them to the curb and find the next new thing

Last edited:

Every rapper wants that. Yo dont go multi platinum just appealing to fans in the hood. You have to just be yourself and let the fans decide if they like you or not. You have a more realistic chance of having a certain niche and fanbase just like 99.9percent of the rappers out there.Music artists aint Walmart. They dont have products for everyone. That's why business plans want u to list your intended target market or fanbase.

Last edited:
You gotta be real there are really no real mother ****ers in the game PAC had a soft side to him he wasn't a list he didn't go say in I sold kilos of coke and I'm the greatest rapper alive he was humble you could be at a house party in the hood and PAC would roll in and get the party jump in these rap dude today the only time u see them is on stage or at another celebrity s house or a party that only chosen ppl can attend **** that i don't like the bullshit that's being fed to the youth what happened to having fun and being true to urself

The easiest way to appeal to the streets and the suburbs is to talk about things that happen in the streets and suburbs. What happens in both of these places? Eating burgers and fries!

five guys.jpg

Write about something that all races can relate to . You have to know what white kids like , then rap about it , look at lil wayne , he doing skating coz he knw its going to bring in white fans . Know what black kids like and rap about it , look at Mac Miller , he busy posting pics of him smoking weed coz he knw its going to bring black fans . Lmao , okay I take the weed comment back , its just a bad joke. I hope you get what I mean

The only way you can appeal to both today is to start off on the pop level yet feature or be a feature for some popular street rappers.

Drake = Pac today.

Flo Rida could = Pac today. Too late.

T.I = Pac................but won't if he continue with catering more to a very small street market. He was on the right track with the corny shit.

Same with 50. 50 can't come out catering to the streets....he will be missing that burb money. In Da Club was a very poppish hip hop song.........when people as a whole think 50, they don't think about those street songs.

Snoop > Pac. People actually didn't like Pac. Can't think of many people that don't like Snoop. Even though he had hi street catered albums, Doggystyle had the medium of fun that every one related to then. Getting drunk, smoking weed, biitches...ect. But that formula as been washed away to a point you have to find a new way for people to "feel" the fun in your music.

Let's talk astrology. Libra's ruled music for time. Good balance of style and genres. Now it's Scorpio's time. Grab your attention from the "inside" artist. Make you feel like you need them and they are your best friend. They tell you little secret that you feel you only you know. After that we will have fun again with Sagittarius. Political fun songs.....bashing in a fun type way. Then Capricorn will be....what ever capricorns be. Then AQUARIUS time will bring forth a new Rakim, Dr.Dre.....you know....music will be fresh and new again. And you will be old with a cane. And you will still enjoy it. And I will be dead.

I got the answers.

Pharrell has the answers.

Fuuck rap yall can have it back........my motto.

Last edited:
Back