How are you promoting your music?

Yeah, it's like a false ego stroke too. They feel good because people are "following" them, but I found that people who just follow back cause you followed them usually don't listen to tracks anyways, and so to me it's just pointless. I'd rather have fewer followers and know that the people who are following me actually respect me.

yea that's why I only follow people who's music I really like or friends I meet on the site I was talking about.
you seem to get a lot more followers that stick when you do it that way anyways and they do listen to your music a lot more often to.

Indeed. A lot of the people I follow are long time friends from all sorts of music sites. We grew together. I know that they'll help me, because I help them. Just like people were saying earlier in this thread, Soundcloud contains mostly producers and djs and not the general populace. So why use it like myspace and gain more "friends" who won't do a thing for you and probably will delete you when they purge the 1000s of people they followed to get follow backs...

fan comments

That's very true..

although ck is working on a way to incorporate more fan comments/plays instead of just getting them from other dj's/producers.

That should help us all a lot with getting more actual fans.

I noticed that a lot of feedback for projects I've been involved in came from lastfm, but also youtube and soundcloud.

I'm getting out there and interviewing successful artists on how they are doing it. I had an awesome interview with Andrew Spence, the music producer on Johnny Depp's The Rum Diary. Check out that interview and let me know what you think.

Idk if anyone has mentioned this as there are SO MANY posts on this thread, but since so many are mentioning soundcloud i figured id mention it. When your searching for artists on soundcloud search out those with the blue or orange/red stars next to the name. these are pro members, which means they are willing to pay for a membership. These artists usually take their music more seriously and probably have money to actually spend.

Idk if anyone has mentioned this as there are SO MANY posts on this thread, but since so many are mentioning soundcloud i figured id mention it. When your searching for artists on soundcloud search out those with the blue or orange/red stars next to the name. these are pro members, which means they are willing to pay for a membership. These artists usually take their music more seriously and probably have money to actually spend.

I take my music very seriously, although I don't pay not even a cent for my soundcloud account. Maybe in the future I'll pay a pro account, but only because of the extended space avaliable for my musics. Also, there are lots of pro producers without paid accounts there.

I take my music very seriously, although I don't pay not even a cent for my soundcloud account. Maybe in the future I'll pay a pro account, but only because of the extended space avaliable for my musics. Also, there are lots of pro producers without paid accounts there.

I don't see that many benefits for going pro on soundcloud. It feels like I'm just paying for a badge that says 'pro member'.

The ability to...

• Post unlimited hours of sound
  • Unlimited downloads per sound
  • Access comprehensive stats
  • Use Quiet Mode
  • Showcase your sounds with Spotlight
...Doesnt seem all that exciting.

Its like buying a domain name from webs.com. lol

Oh, man... I didn't say it's a bad thing! lol

Clearly there are lots of "pros" when you go "pro" on soundcloud. I just said that there are artists that take their music very serious and don't have the so called badge beside their alias.

No hard feelings, I lol-ed with your response!

Yeah I'm not sayin its a bad thing either. I've been fighting with the thought of going pro. It aint expensive but that's probably why it doesn't seem like there's much options. But w/e maybe I'll give it a try.

Soundcloud, Soundclick, Facebook, Twitter, Reverbnation, Myflashstore, My website, Mailing list.

As an online producer, you should never limit the sites that you have your beats on.

The more sites your music is on, the more exposure and the more sites you can have link back to your
main site.

Think of this... McDonalds advertises everywhere and has their restaurants everywhere.. They don't just pick
rich neighborhoods or poor neighborhoods, they build in all areas.

Same thing applies to music. The more places your music is posted, the more you will build your brand.
Increased Brand Awareness = Increased traffic = Increased Sales

Sounds simple, but of course it takes work.

Hope this helps, hit me up anytime if you have any more questions.
LegendaryBeatz

Promo 12'' Vinyl Cutting by Platter Records

Hey guys and girls, we’ve got hold of a vinyl cutting machine and this coming spring of 2014 we will be looking at starting a small and exclusive record label here in the UK. We want to take on your promo work and cut straight to 12'' vinyl. The Electronic music genre as our niche. We only do small runs of records so you’re not gonna be skint you before you have even started dishing out your promos. Drop us a line or even just to say hi.

Cheers
Scoobs and Luther

So far it's just been Soundcloud for me but from what I reading I'm a idiot not to have up on Youtube as well. Plus all the other sites mentioned.

Back