Holy shit bro I just got an internship at a multi-platinum producers studio...

T

Thee3ternal

I'm not gonna say who cause I ain't even started yet but if you know where I'm from you can probably guess who.

Stay working guys and network, knowing the right people will do wonders.

Nice! Hopefully it turns into a full-on job offer for you at the end of the internship.

Basically from what the engineer explained to me it is.

I'm surprised at how easy going it all is.

I intern for a week, and then it's just about getting my work up to snuff.

I have access to the studio although it will cost of course.

Once my stuff is good I essentially work there, bring in clientele, I get paid a % of the studio fees the artist receives.

LOL I was surprised cause the place wasn't like a studio how you'd think, it was in a building that almost looked like a hotel, and the studio looked nothing like one you see on TV or in movies, more like a really, really nice home studio.

Basically from what the engineer explained to me it is.

I'm surprised at how easy going it all is.

I intern for a week, and then it's just about getting my work up to snuff.

I have access to the studio although it will cost of course.

Once my stuff is good I essentially work there, bring in clientele, I get paid a % of the studio fees the artist receives.

LOL I was surprised cause the place wasn't like a studio how you'd think, it was in a building that almost looked like a hotel, and the studio looked nothing like one you see on TV or in movies, more like a really, really nice home studio.
Hell, its a start, bruh!

Congratulations. In my honest opinion, you can learn your skills/craft from anywhere all it takes is many many hours of work. Learn everything you can about business.

Stay humble, be ready to work and absorb like a sponge.

what will you be doing and how did you get it?

From what the guy told me it goes like this:

I come in for a week (5 days) straight, 4 hour days which is my internship.

Those 5 days I'm basically at his disposal, which entails setting things up, and basically showing me how they do things around there.

After that first week, I have to get my mixes up to their quality standards (I figure should take a few months tops to learn).

I'm hoping this means I can learn on their stuff in the down time, it's mostly digital so I don't see why not.

When I'm up to their quality, I basically work at the studio, I mostly bring in my own clientele, or assist if/when they need, and possibly take on clients the other engineers (2 total) don't have time for, the studio gets $15/Hr whatever I get on top of that is mine.

So I'm looking at $10-15 per hour, $20 when I get really good (my assumption, head engineer makes that although he cuts deals too).

I want to also point out they're interested in more than just music for instance branding, merchandising, dude said the more ideas I can come with to make money, the better.

Which is awesome cause I'm always thinking of stuff like that, for instance slogans for t-shirts, I plan on writing and singing hooks also, writing for artists, making loops, making kits, etc. are all things to make money.

As far as how I got the internship, just plain luck.

My younger brother's been friends with the producer's son (who's also a rapper) since I believe middle school.

I'm thinking I'm being offered such a sweet deal based on being cosigned by two guys who've been going to his studio for a long time.

That and although I'm not necessarily a super sociable person, I am very personable so that night on top of business ideas we all just sat there drinking and BS'ing about music, hoes, video games etc. for hours.

Back