Hiphop needs to be more club to survive in the music market

Why can't you do both?

There was a time were you could makea song for the club, a song for the streets, and a song for a woman. Why do we have to put rappers in boxes?

Is that not where Hip-Hop is now? I am confused. I guess the OP wears earmuffs to the club. Hip-Hop is "In Da Club" and it didn't have to go electronic to do so. That is in no way a knock at EDM.

I still hear this in the club.

It depends on what one determines successful. If a lot of rappera would check their egos, they could live comfortably while doing the music they want. As far as the club thing, there are PLENTY of club records. More than enough.

I see all sides of this one, but I lean more to the just do you. The formula back in the day was you had your joints for the club, your joints for the streets, maybe throw one in for ladies. Of course, if you were a street dude that's what the majority of you music was. You might even try an attempt at a cross over joint. If your album was dropping in April or June, you might try to give 'em a summertime joint. lol It was all just a musical hypothesis....the people are gonna like what they like. Using that formula may have only increased your chances. Hell, some may stop liking your music, because of your crossover attempt. It's not much different than the stock market to me. You can study all the market trends you like....either they gon' fux wit' 'cha or they ain't. Might as well be happy doing you and enjoying your music. This is just my take on it of course, but I could be wrong. Maybe that's why my ass is here on FUTURE producers! lmao @ me

Back