Hip Hop is alive and well

Platinum Ear Drum

I am getting tired of people saying Hip Hop is dead or dying. Nas said it to start a movement, not inspire a tired ass cliche'. Those of you who belive that Hip Hop is dead, what will you listen to? You can't listen to the Juice Crew and UTFO for the rest of your life wondering what would have been. Support the artist that sound close to what you consider the Hip Hop sound.

Too many of us focus on the bad, the Trinidad's, 2 Chainz, Nicki Minaj's. Hip Hop didn't start out on the radio, it started from the streets, house parties and such. I will never understand why people sit and wait for major labels (who are as of this decade not making any money) to bring back Hip Hop. The labels want money by any means neccesary.

As far as Hip Hop culture goes, it too is very much alive. Just so happens that people rejected the rappers that were coming out with new dances. All aspects of traditional Bronx, NY Hip Hop still exist. You just have to get off your ass and participate. So many of you bum ass bloggers wanna see Hip Hop and not experience it. There are so many countries outside of the U.S. that have adopted the lifstyle as thier own. From Canada to The Middle East, Hip Hop has effected everyone world-wide.

I suggest that everyone out there go out and support what they like in Hip Hop and ignore what they dont. All publicity is good and if you continue to condemn Soulja Boy, Li'l B, Waka and 2 Chainz they will stick around like a smelly fart you tried to fan away. Go out and find local artists and tell them what you want to hear. Go to major artists on Twitter and Facebook and tell them what you like and dont like. Educate your younger siblings, your kids and their friends about the culture. Whatever you do, do something other than cry like a little ***** because the radio is full of trap muzik. Get up, get out and get some shit started you little assholes.

I am getting tired of people saying Hip Hop is dead or dying. Nas said it to start a movement, not inspire a tired ass cliche'. Those of you who belive that Hip Hop is dead, what will you listen to? You can't listen to the Juice Crew and UTFO for the rest of your life wondering what would have been. Support the artist that sound close to what you consider the Hip Hop sound.

Too many of us focus on the bad, the Trinidad's, 2 Chainz, Nicki Minaj's. Hip Hop didn't start out on the radio, it started from the streets, house parties and such. I will never understand why people sit and wait for major labels (who are as of this decade not making any money) to bring back Hip Hop. The labels want money by any means neccesary.

As far as Hip Hop culture goes, it too is very much alive. Just so happens that people rejected the rappers that were coming out with new dances. All aspects of traditional Bronx, NY Hip Hop still exist. You just have to get off your ass and participate. So many of you bum ass bloggers wanna see Hip Hop and not experience it. There are so many countries outside of the U.S. that have adopted the lifstyle as thier own. From Canada to The Middle East, Hip Hop has effected everyone world-wide.

I suggest that everyone out there go out and support what they like in Hip Hop and ignore what they dont. All publicity is good and if you continue to condemn Soulja Boy, Li'l B, Waka and 2 Chainz they will stick around like a smelly fart you tried to fan away. Go out and find local artists and tell them what you want to hear. Go to major artists on Twitter and Facebook and tell them what you like and dont like. Educate your younger siblings, your kids and their friends about the culture. Whatever you do, do something other than cry like a little ***** because the radio is full of trap muzik. Get up, get out and get some shit started you little assholes.

I miss the days when FP.com had intelligent people roaming around, talking, and giving knowledge, teaching each other how to make the real Hip Hop...

At the end of the day, the music on the radio is shit, if you don't like it, don't listen. It's a bit like racism, and what Morgan Freeman once said, about how racism would disappear if people stopped talking about it... It's true, you're publicising it. ALL PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY... That's why 2 Chainz is number 2 on MTVs list...

We should start a small collective, record our conversations on skype between each other, instead of writing all this shit down on here... If 3 or 4 of us phoned each other on skype weekly, for an hour... We could be on to some shit to bring an end to all the garbage that's breaking out on to the radios...

Last edited:
Back