hey whats up...brand new

AaronHawley

how's it going? i'm brand new to FL studio (and producing period actually), and i pretty much have no clue what i'm doing or how to use the program lol. i'm going to start with some tutorials though and see how that goes. if any of you have tips or want to give any help to a noob like me, i would appreciate it. thanks :).

well there so many tutorials here just use the search botton you will find out many things about FL Studio. And if you are a legal owner of your software tons of tutortials and over 2 gigs of free samples.
and great forum through on the FL website.
I suggest you get a Akai MPD16 and MPD24.
(can use this pad controller with the FL studio FPC plug in).
A midi keyboard
some VSTi
if sampling a turntable
some vinyl records
some CD rip em on your computer just ripped Micheal Jackson Bad Album today go to flip some good ol' MJ
buy a good audio/midi interface
some good Monitors(aka speakers)
find some free mp3 vinyl recording samples here http://www.ultragraphik.com/blog/index.php?p1
royaltiy free loop and one shot sample libraries at
www.bigfishaudio.com
all about how you chop them up and put effects on em

But if you just got a mouse right now use that, you can even use your typing keyboard to make a beat on FL Studio,If you don't have the FL Studio Producer Edition I suggest upgrading and they have that offer for free life time upgrades take advantage of it. When Fl studio comes out with new versions they always have some great improvements.

so this is your homework
1. Find out about tutorials on this site here
2. find out about tutorials,forum,and free samples at www.flstudio.com
3. find out about midi interface/controllers
4. find out about monitors (aka speakers)
5. find out about back up files and file storage (aka additional Hard drives)
6. find out about tutorials and tips on mixing,sampling,recording vocals,legal matters and copyrights
7. Find out about magazines subscriptions to these mags
a. Electronic Musician
b. Recording
c. Remix
d. Mix
8. find out about mics, mic preamp
9. find out how compresser work,as well as reverb,delay effects work too.
10. go to www.sweetwater.com and get a free catalog just so you can see what kind of equipment is out there.
this site alone is a great resource
come here everyday and read and search posts in there all this area on here.
Main thing have fun
make instrumentals as much as possible
more you practice the better

practice the keyboard or instrument (great tool if you can play a instrument or play some chords on a midi keyboard)

check out this link on building a home production studio I break down my studio and the equipment I think it will be very helpful to you

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209230

my needed upgrades
1.AKG C 414 B-XL II Mic $1000
2. Event Tuned Reference 8XL $600
3. Universal Audio Tube Preamp $800 or the Robbie The Mic Pre $1000
4. Tascam DM 3200 digital mixer $3000 or Tascam DM4800 $5000

Last edited:
Listen to a lot of music you like especially if it's beats and dissect the sh*t out of them... Learn the techniques....
Peace
S II

i think this thread oughta be tacked - lil more advice - instruction manuals DO help sometimes - and collect as many sounds, songs, n sample thingees as ya can, if not grindin already - i KNOW i KNOW what you're goin thru -

Back