Hey guys I’m new to this and need help please!!! Syncing the mpc to protools.

G

Gino Green

1) I have a mpc 5000, motif es6, midi controller, m-audio midi interface and protools. I want to use the mpc as the sequencer, how do I connect everything together the right way and sync the mpc to protools?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
2) If using the mpc as the sequencer do I set it up as the master or slave or it doesn’t matter?<o:p></o:p>
3) Can I sequence in the mpc but use the protools metronome to play along with? Like for example sequence a kick in the mpc as im listing to the metronome on protools, then track the kick into protools, then as I’m hearing the kick play back in protools with the metronome playing as well sequence using the “mpc” a clap from the motif and then also track it to protools and so on.<o:p></o:p>
I need help I’m rly lost and new to all of this so if you guys could help it out it would be great.<o:p></o:p>
Thank you!!!<o:p></o:p>

Which one are you going to be hitting the "play" and "record" buttons on? That one needs to be the master, others must be set as slaves. Then you will want to record in to your computer through your audio interface.

If I hit the play and record on protools and set it up as a master, can i still sequence from the mpc?

Im not saving any midi data im just sequencing and tracking straight into protools 1 sound at a time, some from the mpc and some from the motif.

The way I would suggest setting it up is to have protools as master, save your midi data there, have it sequence the midi data and send it to the motif and mpc to track.

Back