Heres what works great for me making EDM

MadAnthony81

Heres what works great for me and my EDM and sub genres.

Sylenth1 - EDM, house, trance, electro, dubstep, pop, synthpop, hip hop, various edm that's is mildly bright sounding
Synthmaster - Dubstep, electro, trance, house, classy softer sounds
Rapture - hip hop, tiesto style trance, industrial, flat sounding not bright or dull, just medium and still deep in richness somewhat.

Ableton Live 8 Suite
M-Audio bx5a's speakers
Maudio Oxygen 49 midi keyboard
Tc electronic Impact Twin, recommended if you want firewire and a superior onboard eq and compressor

Altogether, this is an unbeatable setup and is a great starting point for the mainstream serious musician that wants to make a hit. Its almost all I need. but now I want to design my own synth!

Cheers and Blessings.

Just thought this stuff is great and is able to answer a lot of questions. A good place to look for sounds to use in them if you want previously designied presets instead of doing your own, would be pleces like dancemidisamples.com, producerloops and loopmasters.com.com I believe. . Look for VST soundsets libraries.

Last edited:
And all of this is based on YOUR opinion, right? Any synth can emulate a wobble bass for dubstep (and brostep as well).
I think that for most newcomers, it's more important to KNOW how things work, than have a wide range of VSTs, FX, gear and don't know how to use them.

It's true many synths do sound like synths, but hey, why buy a crappy one if your gonna invest? SOme are expensive and sucky. IMO ofcourse. Here in the forums we offer opinions, true. In this case I believe it's a fact. :)

It's true many synths do sound like synths, but hey, why buy a crappy one if your gonna invest? SOme are expensive and sucky. IMO ofcourse. Here in the forums we offer opinions, true. In this case I believe it's a fact. :)

That's why I think you need to mess around with the stock plugins that come with your DAW, before jumping into any other synth.

yes. But afterwards these are what I consider the pro synths. Just wanted to recommend them since everyone asks "whats good"?

But yeh its great to learn fundamentals before. Sylenth1 is great for learning though IMO. Its a blast to create sounds on.

Back