HELP: Supernova 2 or Virus or Nordlead 2/3 ??

I wouldn't pay for the virus rack though. That's a weaky, even though it's very cheap. 2 main ascillators oscillators, almost no polyphony..

The greatest thing about the supernova is its immense effects engine and deep core features. That's where the money really pay off.
You can get the pro x keyboard version for £1560 here:
http://www.musicians-gear.com/index.htm
and the rack version (pro x, 48 voices) would be even cheaper.. (about £1200)
It all depends on where you buy it. In denmark it's about £2100. GRRR. So I'll have to buy it elsewhere. How's that for luck?

Last edited:
Hang on! the supernova II only has 8 parts as the Virus b has 16. both have 3 oscillators. The virus b has 82 simultaneous effects while the supernova 2 has 56. The virus b has surround sound capabilities.
16 independent arpeggiators for virus,

8 Arpeggiators are available simultaneously in Performance mode for the Supernova 2.

Number of Programs is 256 Programs in 2 banks for the Supernova 2 while the virus b has 512 programs 256 User ,256 ROM ,128 Multi]

The modulation matrix has 130 for the supernova 2
whil the Virus b has 110 destinations.

at the end of the day they are both two of the best VA synths you can buy today but the specs above was bassed on the Supernova 2 which is so much more money than the Virus b.

For the quality of sound, features, it can go either way depending what you like, but its the price that stands the two from each other. and thats comparing with the supernova 2 not 1.

You say tomato I say tomarto!

Im getting both because they both have their pro's and cons. I f I had to choose between it would still have to be the Virus b.

:victory:

Last edited:
I know the rack is cut quite badly on spec but thats all I can afford at the moment. When I sell my motorbike I will get the Sampler and then a Supernova 2.

If the Virus Rack is crap when it arives I will send it back right away. Iv only heard demos of the Virus b to go on.

Dannymix said:
Hang on! the supernova II only has 8 parts as the Virus b has 16. both have 3 oscillators. The virus b has 82 simultaneous effects while the supernova 2 has 56. The virus b has surround sound capabilities.
16 independent arpeggiators for virus, 8 for the supernova.

I've allready killed the 82 effects theory since ringmod and vocoder is included!
If we use the access term of "effect" (including ring mod and some other stuff) then the supernova has 155 effects!! And the supernova have 8 FM algorithms for the 2 ring mods per voice.

The supernova can have up to 6 saws paying at once! The SNI can too. believe me, I know since I own one.
And lets not forget that the Virus don't have 3 slave sync oscillators per voice for sync effects. It doesn't either have Sync Skew nor formant with like the Supernova does, making it able to do some really unique and wicked sounds.

About parts: I think 16 parts is way too much for only 32 voices. 8 is quite enough for me with patch changes, and since the supernova have unison well most of my polyphony will be used when reaching 8 parts.... Now that' I'll get a drum machine with the RS7000 I'll be able to sample the percussion from my supernova, leaving even more room.

Dannymix said:

Number of Programs is 256 Programs in 2 banks for the Supernova 2 while the virus b has 512 programs 256 User ,256 ROM ,128 Multi]

Way, Way wrong. The supernova has 1024 programs in 8 banks and 512 performances in 4 banks (a performance can work as an 8 part multi too).
Also it has 400 drumbanks with 49 sounds each!!! Where did you get those weird numbers anyway??? :confused:

true dat about the price though.

Last edited:
grrr. I still haven't heard from my RS7000 dealers now that we speak of it. The RS7000 was realesed yesterday and they were supposed to mail us with shipping details monday. GRRR. they didn't.

Btw. I'm telling the truth about the 6 saws on the supernova. Ask christian. he's got a SNII.
It was on my latest OS upgrade along with unison and the wonderfull VCO mode! (Yeah! True vintage sounds!!)

CRISS

I AM ON ORDER FOR RS7000 FROM 123.
THEY TELL ME IT WILL BE HITTING THEM ON THE 13TH,THEN 4 DAYS MAIL TO ME.
IT IS LIKE THE DOOMS DAY CLOCK AT MY HOUSE.
MY GIRL CALLS IT OUR LAST WEEK TOGEATHER.
-
ALSO I COULD USE SOME HELP ON MIXDOWN EFFECTS,
DO I NEED OR WHAT DO I NEED TO TWEEK THE SOUND WITH AFTER I LEAVE THE MULTI TRACK?
ANY IDEAS FOR UNDER 1000-HOPEFULLY WAY UNDER
-
RXZKNZ-O.H.

A compressor is allways a great buy, but the RS7000 allready got a realtime compressor. HEHEHE. :D

Le Pioneer efx-500 is one of the very best effect units out there. It's really cool and way better than the kaoss pad. (yay, i really dont care about that red touch board)

hey, hey, guys,

STOP !!!

peace on earth !!

:cheers:

hey, guys, I ran to the store (I have a 'fixed' or 'settled' store were I know the people), and they told me that the SNII (as the Virus) has very long and not to foreseen delivery times. :(
I knew about the Virus delivery problems, but is that known that there are problems too for the Novation products ??

greetings,
Pier ; ) (unfortunately still without the SNII, and I prefer to not buy one online, if possible...)

Well it's a very new synthesizer and there's probably some demand for it..
Why won't you get it online? You can probably get it cheaper---

Did U ever buy (for yourself) some synth online from a webstore ?
If so, please give me a good site.

How long are delivery times there (I'm from Belgium) & are they reliable ? And what about taxes ?

I found the SNI very cheap at a deal in a town a few hours away. But I've bought both my mixer and my RS7000 online.
It's all about where you live m8.
www.musicproducts.com is a belgian company so that's definitely an option.

Last edited:
here it is:
http://www.synthplanet.com/product.lasso?pr=10522

hehe is it normal that belgians can't count?
They've written 6 part multitinbral and 42 simultaneus effects. They've even written 6 polyphonic outputs. haha
(It's got 8 outputs, is 8 part miltitimbral, 46 effects (155 if you use other companys effect descriptions))
It's a bit phunny.
I don't know if I would recommend a site that can't get their specs right.

The rack got the same specs as the keyboard with a few exceptions:
http://www.synthplanet.com/product.lasso?pr=8164

Last edited:
hey ! don't ridicule the Belgian people !!

so, thanx for giving me that URL, but it is the store where I usually go; it's them who said that the SNII is out of stock, probably for a long time

other URL's ?

I'm making some of the SNI and put them on tripod for ya'll to hear. They won't be very different from the SNII, except the SNII have a higher FQ range and thus will sound even smoother.

I've not gotten very far though. Cause everytime I make something, it evolves into a new track hehe.
But I'm on it and you might find a link here in the synth section on sunday.

Last edited:
THANK YOU MAN.
:hello:
is it a good decision to sale my Q rack and buy a SNII keyboard?

I'm doing this because the SNII is more powerful and more GRRRRRR..
:D

Back