Help: Reason 5 Will Not Open on Windows 7... Bad Format Message.

sonicsnowstorm

Hi. I've been using Reason 5 for maybe 2 days... tracked one song with it, rewired it into reaper once or twice... that's it. As of today, I can't open reason anymore. It gives me an "operation could not be completed because of a bad format" message, whenever i attempt to run the .exe file. I'm running windows 7 ultimate. I've uninstalled the program, deleted everything in program files and reinstalled. I get the same message when everything is done: reason 5 just will not open up on my computer. I even did a system scan and some 'rex shared update' thing, which i have no clue about. Anyways, i'm pretty much stumped. Does anyone know how to get the darned thing to work? I was just getting fond of the thing...

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Okay so I got reason to work by uninstalling it with revouninstaller and clearing all it's traces from the registry, then reinstalling. While this works as a temporary fix, i'd still like to understand why the 'bad format' message came up in the first place. I thought reason was supposed to be a very stable program. If anyone understands why this happened and can explain it to me, i'd be appreciative. The prospect of frequent future uninstalls/reinstalls just isn't very sexy...

Fixing the "bad format" error in Reason 5

You can goto youtube and search for Reason 5 - Bad Format Error.

Audio Nation U has created a short video tutorial on how to fix this problem.

Back