Help please! Thanks!

DJJohn

Hello everyone! I'm new on FutureProducers.
I have a question that is really hard... there's a sample i really want for WEEKS! I used it like 2 years ago in my FL project but deleted it then. It sounds kinda like a man saying 'UUM UUW'. It's in the vengeance essentials pack, it's the same that is used in this 2 songs, from the begin 0:00 to 0.02 in the song 5,4,3,2,1 Turn Around by Flo Rida https://youtu.be/Q0nD2wTrvKg . And in this song Turn up the speakers by Afrojack https://youtu.be/XgvIBouzEso from 4:31 - 4:32. THANKS A LOT! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

we cannot help you get another copy of that sample unless it is freeware; if you purchased it to begin with then you may be able to download a new copy from refFX

Hey Bandcoach, thanks for your reply. Someone told me i can sample it from a song, but i don't want to cuz it can be dangerous right? Does anyone know how it works? Sampling from other tracks... it happens a lot these days.. thanks

Dangerous? How so? Sample it and make your music. You can cross the clearance bridge when and if the time comes.

Hey Weswook, thanks for your reply. Yes, copyright stuff... i don't have the permission or am i wrong? Thank you!

Hey Weswook, i want to use that sample for my songs and which also include some songs i want to release through a label... thanks for the reply. How can i thank you? Im new to this sorry.

Hey Bandcoach, thanks for your reply. Someone told me i can sample it from a song, but i don't want to cuz it can be dangerous right? Does anyone know how it works? Sampling from other tracks... it happens a lot these days.. thanks

in spite of weswook's reply you are opening yourself to all sorts of problems, not the least of which could be being banned from fp for 1 month for requesting help to commit sw/sample piracy

see this

read-before-posting-your-sample-links

to understand why we do not allow
the discussion of sw/sample piracy
people offering advice on how to commit sw/sample piracy

in spite of weswook's reply you are opening yourself to all sorts of problems, not the least of which could be being banned from fp for 1 month for requesting help to commit sw/sample piracy

see this

read-before-posting-your-sample-links

to understand why we do not allow
the discussion of sw/sample piracy
people offering advice on how to commit sw/sample piracy
Hey Bandcoach, thanks a lot for the great post and link. But, if you hear to the track afrojack made as i mentioned in my post question, he used the sample from Yello - Oh Yeah... im pretty pretty pretty sure he used it without permission because that sample is for free in the Vengeance Essentials pack and every EDM producer uses Ven. ESS pack... but what if i release a record and it gets big with that sample including in it, will vengeance get copyright problems or me? Cuz im using it but i found it in the vengeance pack... thanks a lot for your nice post and sorry i wrote a lot haha. Thanked your post again ☺

the Yello sample will have been licensed for use in the sample pack

I checked the refx website and essentials is not free - it is not even listed any more

I go to Vengeance Sound and the same story - not free and not listed

even when we go to the freebies page Vengeance Sound still no joy

also note that this is the last free warning you get about asking how to pirate this

Hey Bandcoach, thanked you again and i will keep thanking you! Thanks a lot man you're very smart and you know a lot about this stuff thanks for the advice... what i meant was, the sample is in the vengeance pack, of course the essentials is not free. But if i use the sample through the vengeance pack, won't i get a problem later in thr future about copyright? Will vengeance get a problem? Thanks a lot!

if you buy the vengeance pack then it will be part of the license associated with that pack, as I said in my last post

Hey Bandcoach, thanks a lot for the great information! And if i sample an old song, how can i be sure that it won't be a problem for in the future? When i cut small part of a song and use it in my ttrack. I mean copyright and sh*ts? Sorry for saying sh*ts.. ☺

Hey Bandcoach, and how can i license a sample? Do i need to pay? Do i need to contact the label the track is released on or the producer or artist? Thanks

Hey Weswook, i want to use that sample for my songs and which also include some songs i want to release through a label... thanks for the reply. How can i thank you? Im new to this sorry.

My original guidance was predicated on DJJohn making a beat, not selling or releasing music.

My original guidance was predicated on DJJohn making a beat, not selling or releasing music.
Hey Weswook, thanks a lot for the reply! Thanked you! And i want to use that sample a lot cuz it's so amazing! But thanks for warning me about copyright and stuff. I need license thanks a lot ☺

you contact the publisher (artist or label) or the artists representatives (management not label).

if you are looking to use the specific recording then it is most likely the label or whoever else owns the rights to the recording

clearance houses are your normal first contact point - search through the stickies in this section of the forum to learn more, also consider buying and reading Donald Passman's book (now in 8th or 9th edition)

you contact the publisher (artist or label) or the artists representatives (management not label).

if you are looking to use the specific recording then it is most likely the label or whoever else owns the rights to the recording

clearance houses are your normal first contact point - search through the stickies in this section of the forum to learn more, also consider buying and reading Donald Passman's book (now in 8th or 9th edition)

Hello Bandcoach, thanks a lot i will do that for sure if i ever use a sample from a song so i won't get in trouble, you really helped me out with this post i really appreciate it thanks once again! <3

Back