HELP PLEASE! How to connect...

World Wide

Can you please tell me how I might be able to connect standard computer speakers (with a single 1/8" connector) to my audio interface:

Saffire Pro DSP

SaffPro24DSP-large.jpg

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

You just need an adapter that splits the signal from that one stereo plug to two 1/4" mono plugs.

Thanks for your help guys!!!!

So I tried to do what Krushing suggested, and I had some weird results. Maybe you guys can help:

So I went to Radioshack and they didn't have a straight up female 1/8" to two male 1/4" adapter, so instead I got:

1 female 1/8" to 2 male 1/8":
$(KGrHqIOKjoE4h6lbJe,BOMTqoKQSg~~0_12.JPG

And two 1/8" to 1/4" adapters:
audioadapter.jpg

This works... but strangely only if I keep the connections between the Y Splitter and the adapters LOOSE... If I snap them in tight like they are intended, I get no sound.

Any ideas why this might happen and how to correct it???

Attachments

• 7053_1_sbl.JPG
    7053_1_sbl.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 129
This works... but strangely only if I keep the connections between the Y Splitter and the adapters LOOSE... If I snap them in tight like they are intended, I get no sound.

Any ideas why this might happen and how to correct it???

Those are stereo plugs you're inserting into mono outputs. Get mono adapters (just one black ring around the tip vs. two in your pic) like this:

A_1-8(f)_1-4(m).jpg

ohhhh damn. Those pics are generic internet pics... not the ACTUAL ones I bought... although now that you say it that is probably my problem yeah.

Im embarrassed to say this but I actually had no idea that the rings indicated mono vs. stereo until now hahaha.

Thanks krushing I really appreciate the help. I'll try to head back to radioshack to get the right ones and hopefully thatll solve my problem

---------- Post added 04-07-2012 at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-05-2012 at 09:08 AM ----------

Ok so actually it turned out the mono/stereo thing was not the problem. Even though I didn't know what I was doing, just by pure luck I did get all the appropriate MONO connections (or at least they all only have one ring).

So does anyone else have any idea why this works with LOOSE connections but not fully pushed in tight ones???

---------- Post added 04-08-2012 at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was 04-07-2012 at 09:12 AM ----------

no one can help?

Last edited:
Back