Help on budget home studio rig plz!

Sockett

i will try to make this as short as possible but yet still make sense, also i have read the noob commandments and i agree with it all BUT if i were to go to the store right now would everythin i have listed be enough to do the job. My budget cap is $1100-$1200 but i do already own the software just not the laptop or anything else. My bro(18+years xperience) gave me this list of the best quality rig for what i intend for the price of my budget and i will post at the end. My concerns are this: Do i have everything i need? Will the laptop listed be enough to handle the job? Do i have anything listed i dont need? I completely agree with this sites commandments and learning everything and putting the time and effort in but Im a hands on learner and this is the ONE thing i absolutely need help with or i will never get anywhere and the more time that goes by the more ideas and songs my band will lose. Once i have a list of EVERYTHING i absolutely need to get goin so that i can buy it all at once i will be more then willing to put in the time and effort to read manuals, experiment, and research but first i need all the tools and i would GREATLY appreciate any help if u could do so. Im going to post my list but if u see anything i dont need, or something i do need or u can scrap this list and give me a complete different one of ur own i dont care as long as i can get this project STARTED!

NOTE: I will only be using a max of 2-3 tracks at a time while mixing if that EXCEPT for the sole purpose of my drumkit which I will need to use 8 tracks at once and that will be the only time and reason i do, so keep in mind if u know of other products i need or should use whatever laptop i end up buying NEEDs to be able to handle 8 tracks at once. Also my intentions for this rig is for my band and i to take are ideas and record them just as a reference tool to use before we go into a professional studio to do it and it will kinda give us and idea of wat its like so sound quality is not a huge concern at this point just the pricetag, anyways heres my list.

laptop (Dell Inspiron i 3541-2001BLK 15.6-Inch Laptop (2.4 G Hz AMD A6-6310 Quad-Core Processor , 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, Windows 8.1)

Software program ( Sony Acid Pro 7 which hes giving me for free)

A usb mixer (Mackie Pro FX8 Professional Compact Mixer | Guitar Center)

Vocal Mic (MXL 990)

Studio headphones ( Audio Technica m40s)

Drum Mics (the $200 CAD 7 kit plus 1 xtra CAD overhead)

All the mic cables, stands, 1/4" adapters and watever other small hardware i need but whats most imporant is towards the top.

Back