Help needed: Turntable (with Pre-Amp) to Mobile Pre USB on Windows 7, no sound output

Helgen

Sup all, I finally setup all my gear, but I can't get any sound output from my turntable. I have a preamp (BBE FJB-200X,) I can see on my interface that it's receiving sound on the clip/signal indicator, but I have no way to hear the sound from the speakers. What am I missing here? I even plugged in headphones direct to the mobile pre, but no sound. I have some Yamaha HS5's plugged in, and I can hear everything from my Windows system, but not the turntable.

what is your pre, your speakers, your interface etc - not enough information to even begin to troubleshoot this

what is your pre, your speakers, your interface etc - not enough information to even begin to troubleshoot this

In thread title: MobilePre USB, Windows 7

Sup all, I finally setup all my gear, but I can't get any sound output from my turntable. I have a preamp (BBE FJB-200X,) I can see on my interface that it's receiving sound on the clip/signal indicator, but I have no way to hear the sound from the speakers. What am I missing here? I even plugged in headphones direct to the mobile pre, but no sound. I have some Yamaha HS5's plugged in, and I can hear everything from my Windows system, but not the turntable.

Anyway, I opened up Audacity, chose to record from analog connection and hit record, and I can hear it that way, so it's just software settings related for anyone else who may have this problem. I just want to know how to play it without having to record it, though...

Last edited:
how are you connecting the output of the bbe to your m-audio interface?

what is your daw?

Back