Help me get this mix/master sound brighter/louder & more professional

bash7619

https://soundcloud.com/arseniybashirov/arseniy-bashirov-house-muisc-mastered/s-4kkst

That is the mastered version. I had it mastered by a producer who does a really good job with his own tracks. This final master just sounds a bit dull, maybe even a bit flat when I compare it to huge productions and commercial releases. It's not the mastering engineer's fault, but rather it's my own because his tracks sound fine.

I want to edit the mix and remaster it.

I personally believe I have too much low end in my mix and that the synths should be much louder, but I am not sure. If you guys know of any solid ideas to get this to sound much bigger and brighter I would be much obliged. The idea for this track is to be huge (I know right so does everyone), but what I mean is that in my head I hear some synths like the one that comes in at 3:58, the one with the nice reverb, to be really strong and drive the song.

However, I want the track to be much brighter overall like a commercial release. This has been a major sticking point for however long I've been producing. I feel like it's the final hurdle I need to overcome as producer. I know it's not the last, but this would be a major improvement for me.

All helpful tips would be very much appreciated.

First of all, I'd like to say that it's not my style of music but I'll try to give you some tips anyway.
I think it'll be easier if you could upload your mix, so we can hear what you did and how the mastering engineer change the track.
When it comes to low end, PIXL track sounds 'bassier'. So I guess you're talking about really low freq of 20-45Hz, I personally think that it will just muddy your track so I'd recommend to set HPF on it to give more headroom and focus on bass in higher register of 60Hz+
You have also said that your synths should be louder, which I can't fully agree with. I think they sound pretty good. Although, I would layer the kick and clap with some punchy samples. That's what makes PIXL's track seems stronger.
He also uses more low-high mid synths, I'd try to do the same with your leading synth that comes around 3:58.
Also, if you want your song to sound brigther, you can try a simple thing and increase the gain of high frequencies on EQ. Simple but can opens up a sound.

My answer may be a little bit chaotic but hoepfully you'll find it useful :)

Back