Help in Logic?

Studiophile

I use ableton live for my home productions, but I am also using Logic at school.

In ableton, I know you can drop any sample or .wav file into a blank midi track, and it will automatically drop that sound in Simpler.

How can I achieve this in Logic?

Thanks!

[Studiophile]

Drop the sample into logic, right-click/convert/audio to sample track.

Or you can do what most producers do and just leave it as an audio track. Most people are more concerned with converting midi to audio than the other way around. Audio files are easier to work with and easier on your cpu.

You can alternately just open up a midi track with Ultrabeat and just drop your samples in there then program your beat with midi notes to your hearts content.

What he said ^^^ I would just leave it as an audio file and import to your track or do you wanting to cut it up a bit?

In ableton I use that to sample most of my sounds. I use that sound or a create a simple chord, from there I add my reverb / filter / eq. With that sound I then can play it throughout my entire keyboard. I use that same process with kicks for my bass lines, or any one hit samples I have in my library.

Thanks for the help!

Oooooooh i think i get ya, there's a way i know of where say i recorded my own sample like me smashing some glass, i then can import it to it's own patch ie. "Glass Smash" then cut it up and allocate the different cords/sounds to there own keys, then ad EQ, reverb etc. and put it on it's own midi file and save it so you can use it like any of the other midi already on there.

Is that what you mean?

Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks

Been trying to figure it out but it's hard because my time on logic is so limited. I only have access to it at school. Thanks again :)

Yeah bro, to chop i usually have the chop feature set as my "\" key, i play the song and keep hitting \ where i want to chop, then i delete anything i dont want, then go and open a new software rack, load up EXS 24, hit edit, drag all of the chopped audios into the edit window. boom.

Basicly i copy Justblaze... not that he invented it or anything but he has a good tutorial.

Production Tips // Just Blaze Explains Sample Chopping using LOGIC w/ EXS24 Sampler - YouTube

Yup - EXS is great. That convert to sampler track trick that was mentioned is great too, because you can throw in an audio region (say, a vocal part) and do convert to sampler track. It automatically cuts the audio up (either by transients or regions) and puts them into EXS across your keyboard, as a MIDI instrument. Cool and easy way to get vocal glitching going.

Back