HELP I can't sample anymore!!!

K

KrayZOfficial

I've been having some difficulties using samples (especially soul) in the past few weeks. It's not like I haven't made sampled tracks before it just seems now that when ever I load up a loop, it's not in time with my project tempo (I did click fit to tempo) and thus my drums don't fit. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong???

I've been having some difficulties using samples (especially soul) in the past few weeks. It's not like I haven't made sampled tracks before it just seems now that when ever I load up a loop, it's not in time with my project tempo (I did click fit to tempo) and thus my drums don't fit. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong???
What DAW are you using? Some DAWs (Like Ableton), have an auto-warp feature turned on for long samples that screws with the song tempo before you can manually warp it. I assume since you've used sample tracks before, you know what warping is?

Im using FL Studio and I haven't had a problem with warping before when using samples so I don't know what's happening at the moment

I mean, sometimes the sample switches tempo because of a change in the drum pattern or something like that. You need to be more specific with what's going on so we can figure out why your samples aren't fitting the tempo of your project. I'm not familiar with FL Studio, so I can't get extremely specific with you, but I can offer some general knowledge about getting sample in tempo.

1. Are you tapping out the tempo to make sure your project tempo is in line with the sample BEFORE you drag it into the project?
2. Did you make any modifications to your settings in FL Studio over the past few weeks, which may be throwing off the sample tempo?

No I am adjusting the sample tempo to the project tempo, by using FL's fit to tempo function. I haven't made any adjustments to the settings in FL either.

try disable snap and drag it into sync visually then listen back, one thing to check is that the trim switch is turned down in channel settings as that has a tendency to stop samples stretching properly. also change the time switch from resample to something like auto

For absolute control I find using the bounce feature on playlist after doing whatever in the midi input {drummachine,mouse, piano etc} works best for that.
For instance midi is like little commands that tell the plugin to make whatever it is start then stop. midi isn't advanced like that you can only play the start and it ends wherever you stop.That's the best I can explain it, which is why sampling will be difficult if you do not incorparate the playlist, maybe that might help your problem.
With the playlist you can bounce and actually choose the exact chop points you want the midi to tell the vsts to start then stop if you sampling.

with inn experience your going to accumulate knowledge you have not discovered just keep doin what your trying to accomplish and let your imagination guide you.

Try using samples that have no drums in it. This why you don't need to worry to much about BPMs or time stretching. I usually do that.
You can program or sample drums on top of that.

it's possible the sample you're using wasn't made on beat. I had this issue while i tried to use this one sample and the original track was made by real instruments and it wasn't exactly on beat. I had get it closest to the tempo that matched the sample, and chop it up in several areas to make it match

Back