Help a FP Veteran achieve success (freshest sound you've heard in a long minute)

C

Cinema Baby

Hey everybody, FP veteran here. Was a member when mano1 was still active, jtraxx would post bedroom motif videos, jtroup would post "jtroup's opinion on -type random topic here-" threads every other day, biggrom's tutorial reason videos... Anyway! My problem : I'm struggling with getting my beats in the right hands. Someone please help. I think they're fresh AF. but i guess most rappers would rather **** with generic clickety 2 note "beatzz".

Last edited by a moderator:
"Why dont you produce cats in your area ?"

Yo, good advice. And I'd love to bro, but who can mess with this shitin the U.K.? I'd feel like 1996 Michael Jordan or 2007 Kobe Bryant playing in high school league.

And I'm gonna come clean too, I don't want a m+++****a sounding like Prince Charles on my shit. I've been listening to U.S. rap since I was 6 years old. U.S. Rap IS Rap, the alpha, the omega, the mecka of rap. No disrespect... I'm open minded, and I'll admit that I know next to nothing to UK rap.

I do this in my sleep... If Kanye was behind that song, people would be going nuts on the internets...

Can somebody get this in the hand of ASAP Rocky or ASAP Ferg or anybody from the ASAP crew? I don't care if I don't get or need to share credit.

You could probably get CHARMIN to sponsor you...

What I heard was shitty...

On some real shit, you breakin' my heart big homie. A young beat lord used to look up to you for a little second back 6 or 7 years ago. That's cool. The thing is... when your shit is impeccable, the way my shit be impeccable - or close enough anyway nowadays, opinions become kind of secondary (I say "kind of" because it'd be hella different if Andrew Lloyd was critiquing my shit) . You **** me ? Cool I **** with you. If you don't, I still **** with you.

That being said, man, I'm going to tell you the trillest shit anybody told you in a long time : your shit be sounding the exact same as 7 years ago. If anything, this really breaks my heart. And I mean EXACTLY the same. And it didn't even really sound good to begin with. Word is born.

It's all good, you still a cool cat imo. Thx for listening.

Nothing is going to be handed to you I am afraid. Especially if you ask here. People have a hard time getting placements for themselves so unless you can do something for them, they probably won't do something for you.

I hear people from the UK get mixtape placements from sending through the web. You could try that.

But honestly, I would work with UK people.. Tinie Tempah has a joint venture with Rocnation for instance...
You have many UK artists and songwriters who go back and forth between London and L.A. Don't underestimate the UK.

But also stop dreaming... I mean if you have been "beatmaking" for such a long time and didn't get anything going for you, you might want to reconsider a few things... Your attitude towards the business included.

Don't be stuck in an unproductive state of mind.

For instance, you could try to look into TV networks that might be interested by your tracks.. I am pretty sure your style would fit for some if you get a better mix and if there is no (uncleared) sample.
But otherwise I like your compositions.

Last edited:
Nothing is going to be handed to you I am afraid. Especially if you ask here. People have a hard time getting placements for themselves so unless you can do something for them, they probably won't do something for you.

I hear people from the UK get mixtape placements from sending through the web. You could try that.

But honestly, I would work with UK people.. Tinie Tempah has a joint venture with Rocnation for instance...
You have many UK artists and songwriters who go back and forth between London and L.A. Don't underestimate the UK.

But also stop dreaming... I mean if you have been "beatmaking" for such a long time and didn't get anything going for you, you might want to reconsider a few things... Your attitude towards the business included.

Don't be stuck in an unproductive state of mind.

For instance, you could try to look into TV networks that might be interested by your tracks.. I am pretty sure your style would fit for some if you get a better mix and if there is no (uncleared) sample.
But otherwise I like your compositions.

Agree on pretty much everything you've said Rome. I've thought about this and I'm good. I'm young despite having done this for quite some time now. In the end I prefer to suck at business than suck at music. I'm going to continue improving and dropping bangers after bangers until I'll be simply undeniable. Until that happens, I'll continue enjoy making music for myself a few other soundcloud listeners.

But again, I agree : nobody's going to help, that was unrealistic to expect considering the game we're in.

Thanks for introducing me to Tinie. He's dope.

Thanks to this thread I've already linked with some people though. Hopefully more to come. So yeah thx fp fam'

This is where I disagree. Good music is forever legendary.

I know some people on here want to hate hard... it is true that I can be cocky at times and I'm sorry for that. but they don't in the end, cause they be breaking their necks to my shit. Bless

There's a member on this forum who is like a god of marketing. I have much respect for him. But... the music never was on par with his salesman's skills. Otherwise I truly believe he would be a big name by now. I really believe that... And he would have deserved it too. but the music just wasn't on the same level. Very unfortunate.

I'll take my time. I believe that my excellency and love for the craft will one day prevail. I'd rather have the fate of say a Dilla (I'm not comparing myself to him... what he did, he did, and it was simply revolutionary, and I can't do, and what I do, is what I do, I'm in my own universe), than the fate of a -insert name of random trap producer who had his 15 seconds of fame- here. I could name names, but I don't like to speak ill of people. I really try to avoid that.

Back