Headphones ~$70 10 year or lifetime warranty? detachable cord?

bussy233

Hi, for music production, I'm looking for headphone recommendations that are:

- around $70 with a 10 year warranty but preferably lifetime, would spend $100 if better quality and lifetime.

Some companies offer no-questions-asked warranty and will repair even if you step on them or something which is nice but I'm mostly concerned about problems from normal use. I don't blast them though.

- Oval cans (by cans I mean the actual headphone, circle ones underlap my ears sometimes and I don't even have huge ears)

- Padded top of course. No leather/animal products.

- detachable cord and can use regular 1/8 cable I can get off ebay for like $2, not some specialty jack $50 replacement cable.

- No mic or added bells and whistles.

- No default bass boost. I can EQ bass myself if I want.

- Closed back and noise isolating. (I want no sound to exit the headphone. For noise canceling vs isolating, either should be fine but I don't need to spend more for canceling).

I searched for hours. I wasted a lot of time at first looking for ones with 10 foot cords which I need and then learned they make them with detachable cords a lot now which also eliminates a lot of problems with possibly tugging the cord while it's stuck on something but that can still F up the jack port and make it finicky.

All I found so far with lifetime warranty is most KOSS and Skullcandy but I don't think they have exactly what I'm looking for. 10 year warranty should be fine but anything shorter and I would probably just make do with KOSS or skull candy. I'm also tempted to just get a $25 pair of Monoprice 8323 because they get such good reviews and be done with the search.

I don't want to support sennheizer anymore. I had a $60 pair of them I liked from 2001 that lasted me maybe 8 years (with soldering repairs) but the $40 HD428 pair I have of them now the cord is the thinnest cord I have ever seen even vs dollar store earbuds. It hasn't broke in maybe a year or more but I have to be extra careful with them plus I need a 10 foot cord and I have the 6 foot cord adaptered to an extension which is finicky and doesn't produce sound unless it's a very particular way hence I am looking for new ones. Thanks

I had the 'older' version of the ath-m50's. I found them to be a lil bass heavy.

My $0.02

I agree

but then most are - strangely the very cheap akg pereption K44 are less so and in my opinion are much more balanced as pair of headphones but they do not meet the criteria of the op (detachable cables and extended warranty)

I'm close to just getting monoprice 8323s. But what would you say are the best $80-$100 pair that has everything I'm asking in the first post except the lifetime warranty but has at least a year or preferably longer warranty and more importantly something that I can buy replacement parts like speakers or jack ports if they ever do break? thanks.

How does one take care of cords? I just unpacked mine and don't want them to wear down or get severed. Any tips on what I should do with them?

How does one take care of cords? I just unpacked mine and don't want them to wear down or get severed. Any tips on what I should do with them?
Keep them untangled and general just be as gentle (with all your gear) as you can with them (don't get weird about it).
Everything in the studio 'should' have its own space/home. Keep cables tidy. Be mindful not to roll your chair across them.
Wrap up gently, and use Velcro rather than tying them up.

Back