Having trouble with my sampling sound

Basically , what is happening is I need my rec gain and my volume all the way up on my mpc 2000xl when I am sampling. Im sampling records directly into my numark TT turntable. Im using a mbox 2 as my interface. Basically, when Im doin the sampling stuff and even playin the sample back on the pads its playin back alot lower than say for example a drum sound I have loaded up from a zip disk. I cant find a medium between the record samples and the samples from the disk of sounds I have. Advice for a noob? Im using mackie mr8 speakers also if that has anything to do with it.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I hope this is in the right forum also, didnt know if this should be in getting started?!

How do you have things hooked up? And more importantly, surely there's a phono preamp somewhere between the turntable & the MPC?

turn the rec volume knob up or go into the mixer settings turn the master volume to 12db and then turn down the drums to where they even out.

No I dont have a phono preamp. Dont know what it is?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Got it. There was a switch on the back that said RCA phono and RCA line. I switched it to line and it loudened everything right up.

Back