Having serious issues switching style in logic

classic101

So im new to logic and im coming from fl studios im trying to switch from boom bap to more contemporary hip hop aka south style drums with 808s and hats. Can someone please explain the easiest way getting those hihat triplets and snare rolls down in ultra beat im so confused and can seem to get them to work. If anyone can hook me up with a tutorial or something i would def appreciate it

So im new to logic and im coming from fl studios im trying to switch from boom bap to more contemporary hip hop aka south style drums with 808s and hats. Can someone please explain the easiest way getting those hihat triplets and snare rolls down in ultra beat im so confused and can seem to get them to work. If anyone can hook me up with a tutorial or something i would def appreciate it

Learn the program or try working in double time.

Try doing the drum sequencing entirely in the piano roll versus inside ultrabeat, or try using the exs sampler+piano roll. In both the piano roll and events list, you can easily quantize specific hits to the beat divisions of your choice.
In this image look at the snare fill in measure 12 beat 4 (12.4). The first four hits are 32nd notes and the next three notes are 24th notes, and its pretty simple to get those patterns sequenced once you figure out the divisions of the beat you are trying to emphasize.
Picture 1.jpg

Thanks im going to try this tonight for sure very much appreciate the screen shot lets hope i can get this im learning something new everyday in logic but these rolls and the whole 808 sounding pattern is something I wanna get down

Back