have some of you gone back to a mpc and felt the was no dout it was the right choice?

dmajor100

The topic is the situation im in right now because i have maschine,battery,logic but still feel that a mpc will give me that creative push with working with my motif which i prefer for composing. Software is great and maschine is freak so easy when it comes to sampling and that we also be my weapon of choice when doing a sampled beat but still i have a itch to have a mpc and not just any mpc but a 2000xl or a 3000. I wont be using it to sample a entire record but more for just chopping drums from records and doing drum layering and of course having it as my master sequencer with my motif. For those with maschine or any other software that went with a mpc could you honestly say that the mpc gave your drums more of a punch,crisp sound, or grimmyness that i hear alot about? Yes ppl say they all do the same but im sure every single drum machine ever created has there own features that seperate it from one or another and allow you to use those features to your benefit. So just curious on what you gear heads feel on this.

I never went back to a MPC, but I went from a DAW to a MPC to both and No Doubt it was the right choice.. Alot of people will argue on here alll day about how you can get software to sound like hardware, but if hardware had no particular sound in the first place wouldn't everything just sound the same?

It's all opinion. I myself feel like you cain't go wrong with a MPC in any scenario.

Maybe its just me but why do people use a mpc with a daw? Is it because they use the mpcs sequence instead of a daw or do they just us a mp to as a midi controller? I love logic and i do have omnisphere, aturia jupiter which are really good but to compare those sounds to a motif there is a difference on quality. I really havent compared drum sounds from battery or maschine which i have but about to get a mpc 2000xl and see the difference.

I got a midi-to-usb cable hooked up to my MPC and the audio outs on my PC go through a mixer with my MPC & sound module as well. My keyboard hooked up to the other midi port on my MP. The only USB is to my MPC hardrive.

Back