Hardware = more appealing!?

I can see Roland capitalizing on this, but not really doing much with their capital.
I don't see much Market for the $1,500 sampling drum box anymore, so I doubt well see a mv9000, but more spx0x stuff. Something a little more feature rich than the sp555 would not surprise me.

Well the taste for hardware is becoming a niche thing, more and more people including old school heads are ditching the gear and going the software route. I can't blame them but it sucks to think that when we're old men MPCs and SPs may end up in landfills

Well the taste for hardware is becoming a niche thing, more and more people including old school heads are ditching the gear and going the software route. I can't blame them but it sucks to think that when we're old men MPCs and SPs may end up in landfills

I think we will see a lot of Sps in good wills in the next 5 to 10 years lol. I project that it will be almost unheard of for a producer to use any kind of hardware synth/sampler/rompler in 2015. Its hard to find mpc users now and mpcs are still fairly popular. Almost nobody buys romplers anymore. The only hardware that really sells now are VA and real analog synths. I think digital synths may become a niche thing again but people like having too much of everything now. Cats have so much shit they don't know how to use now and its incredible. Like my dude told me he has Logic and says hes outta sounds and needs new ones. I just paused and smh

Like Premo or Pete Rock have gigabytes of sounds, maybe 4 or 5 gigs tops over the 20-plus years they've been producing. This is just a culture of excess so people feel like they need a Terabyte of sounds even if they cant make dope beats with the 100 gigs of sounds they already have

I use all software (save for turntables). no matter how new your software its always going to use the same damn interface: the computer.

hardware on the otherhand always feels like your getting a new toy, because you are lol.

Back