Guitar Chillout Beat (F4F)

Jef Ferson

MUZIEK
Hey fellows (and girls).

I was hoping to get some feedback on this track that's been laying around for a while now.
It's kinda Atmospheric with some acoustic guitar touches in it.
Any advice on the mixing and mastering is welcome !
(imo there's something wrong with the low end's altough i don't really know what)
Ofcourse i will also give some feedback to your tracks ^^ Peace !

Last edited:
I really dig thisand you should be proud of it and pursue it as a work-in-progress. I think you have identified possible shortcomings for yourself - there isn't much low-end or indeed a discernible b-line underpinning it. But that aside it's work to be proud of - the break is refreshing indeed, would like to see that little skipped variation that comes in just at the outro feature more heavily throughout. I also think you you extend the whole - it has a long (and lovely) intro before the break drops so it warrants a more substantial 'body', which the melody is strong enough to warrant and could be achieved by simply layering up and down. I am no expert on mastering but to me it doesn't need much tinkering - I will leave it to more clued-up producers to offer guidance on that.

https://soundcloud.com/fnyk

I really dig thisand you should be proud of it and pursue it as a work-in-progress. I think you have identified possible shortcomings for yourself - there isn't much low-end or indeed a discernible b-line underpinning it. But that aside it's work to be proud of - the break is refreshing indeed, would like to see that little skipped variation that comes in just at the outro feature more heavily throughout. I also think you you extend the whole - it has a long (and lovely) intro before the break drops so it warrants a more substantial 'body', which the melody is strong enough to warrant and could be achieved by simply layering up and down. I am no expert on mastering but to me it doesn't need much tinkering - I will leave it to more clued-up producers to offer guidance on that.

https://soundcloud.com/fnyk

Thanks allot man. really appreciate your comment !
It's indeed still a work in progress but i'll try and finish as soon as i can, and keep your tips in mind :)
left a comment on your soundcloudpage !

pleasant, the percussion is interesting which is cool, provokes a strong response in the mind. the beat is solid, would only need a vocalist to complete the idea. but the instrumental is solid.

SoundClick artist: HE'S NOT A MONSTER - page with MP3 music downloads

"hes a chocobo, not a monster, hes called bobby corwen"

Thank you very much ! Never really thought about vocals in it, But i like the idea :) More like a vocal as an effect maybe !

Btw i checked out your soundclick and i really like your style ! Its kinda unique.
"i've seen quite enough" is very nice :) peace.

Last edited:
those drums are really cool and I personally think the hats sound quite cool the way they are because they give the piece a bit more energy so if you do turn them down, I don't think you need to turn them down by much. Is the guitar from a VST that you've played on a keyboard? If so I think you should try running it through guitar rig/amplitube....just have a play with it and you might get some really cool results.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ive-receive-feedback/kaleidoscope-f4f-460556/

those drums are really cool and I personally think the hats sound quite cool the way they are because they give the piece a bit more energy so if you do turn them down, I don't think you need to turn them down by much. Is the guitar from a VST that you've played on a keyboard? If so I think you should try running it through guitar rig/amplitube....just have a play with it and you might get some really cool results.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ive-receive-feedback/kaleidoscope-f4f-460556/

Hi, thanks for your advice ! The guitar comes from a vst called omnisphere. I also play acoustic guitar but i don't know how to record it properly. And i'll try running the guitar trough Guitar Rig tonight after work ! very good idea ! :D left a comment on your thread and SC. peace

Back