Gross Beat out of sync with Reaper ?

TheSaka24

When I add Gross Beat to my master , and I want to use it to create tape stop effect, its out of sync.
Like, I have 1 bar with 4 beats, and I want tape stop to happen on 4th beat, but it starts happening on 3rd, or between 3rd and 4th beat.

Anyone help ?

Last edited:
Are you using automation to turn Gross Beat on/off? If so, keep in mind that Gross Beat works on every 4 bars. This means that the effect you've chosen will work for said 4 bars, then repeat itself. My advice is to use automation on the "ammount" knob (on the FX list), leaving it set to 0 until the beginning of the bar you want the effect to be applied, and then turning it off again after that.

No, I'm not using automation.
When I start my song from the beginning(0:00), Gross Beat skips the 1st beat for some reason.(that green line in Gross Beat that loops from left to right, I can see it skipping 1st beat)
My song goes 1,2,3,4
Gross beat goes 2,3,4,1

If my explanation makes sense....

Yeah, it makes sense. I don't know why this happens, and happened to me before. The only solution I've found was to use automation, like I said on the previous post.

I tried it, it doesn't work either. Tried using automation for bypass and it didn't work.
I even tried reinstalling the plugin and same thing happens, I guess Reaper is some retarded DAW(This pissed me off...)
I know its not a problem with my project tempo, because the metronome is in sync...I'll try on Reaper forum or something.

reaper has editible stuff in the preferences menu to sort stuff like that out.havent used gb in a while but there might be a little sub menu thing that lets you allocate parameters.

Back