greatest rappers of all time...........

Yo dstroy! benefit is one a the sickest rappers. his lyrics aren't the best but his flow is. Yo you wanna heaqr the sickest flowin song of all time? get so sick by benefit. he's got crazy skillz. anyway get back to me on this one i wanna hear what ya gotta say
and yo i can't believe no one mentioned sticky fingaz or firestarr. the best lyricists are by far DEAD PREZ cause they speak the truth

yo destroy, no one is like necro, his style is like no ones. He is the most hardcore rapper i ever heard and the only other person i heard that is kinda similar is non phixion. His freestyles go on forever without makin a mistake and he has the best rhymes.

YOYOYO, IM BACK,
AIIGHT LISTEN, BENEFIT IS MY FAV EMCEE IN THE WORLD, U GOT THE SUPER MARIOS RAP, THATS BENEFITS EWACKEST SONG!!, GET THE SONE BY BENEFIT "SO SICK" AND THEN TELL ME WHAT U THINK BOUT BENEFIT. AND PROCEED WITH CAUTION IS GOOD TO. BIG L IS SICK TO, BUT NECRO, I USED TO LIKE NECRO UNDERGROUND, BUT NOW THAT GUY IS TO SICK NOW, I ODNT LIKE HIM MUCH ANYMORE. BUT BENEFIT IS THE BEST, AND ALSO MY FAV R ARSONISTS, THEY ****IN SICK!!!!! TRUST ME, BENEFIT IS THE BEST. NO DOUBT.

just tellin yall, that necros brother is ill bill, and ill bill is in non phixion, thats why they got the same style.

Rukahspac said:
aight yall.we all have greatest rapperz in our time.we all like different types of styles dat intereset us here are da many rap artist in da rap game who got fat jams.share which artist iz da best..............
tupac
bonethugs
dre
snoop
common
eminem
mos def
and many more

write down da greatest rapperof all time!!!!!!!!!
I can tell you dont know **** about hip hop because you only know mainstream rappers and recent rappers and Dre not that great of a rapper he is a dope producer.

i dont know if there is a "greatest rapper of all time" (i do think there are worst rappers of all time but thats another story) but here is a list of some of my favorites, some of whom have been very influential and who have contributed a lot to this whole hip hop thang.

BIG
Tupac
Mos Def
Talib Kweli
Slug
Evidence
Common
Souls of Mischief
Mr. Lif
Eminem

Why is Will Smith never listed in any list, whether top 10 or top 50? MTV did a top 22 as follows:

#22 – Chuck-D

#21 – Method Man

#20 – Queen Latifah

#19 – LL. Cool J.

#18 – Foxy

#17 – Common

#16 – Snoop

#15 – KRS-One

#14 – Run – DMC

#13 – DMX

#12 – Nelly

#11 – Big Pun

#10 – Missy Elliot

#9 – Beastie Boys?????????

#8 – Lil’ Kim ?????????????????

#7 – Dre???????????

#6 – Rakim

#5 – Jay-Z

#4 – Nas

#3 – Eminem

#2 – Biggie

#1 – TuPac

How the hell is 'Lil Kim better than LL? I think Will Smith is better than a couple people on this list. What do y'all think?

eminem better than jay-z and rakim???????????

they smoookin some sh!t now. eminem is not one the top 25 yet. they obviously dont base the list on content of music.

My point exactly. But what can they base L'il Kim's selection on. Eve and Lauryn Hill are better than Kim. So are Latifah and Foxy.

Rakim
Krs
Guru
O.C.
Jeru da damaja
opio-heiro crew
Chief Kamachi-philly m.c.
Akrobatic
Nas-illmatic days
buckshot-black moon
All i can think of at the moment.

kaliyl said:
Rakim
Krs
Guru
O.C.
Jeru da damaja
opio-heiro crew
Chief Kamachi-philly m.c.
Akrobatic
Nas-illmatic days
buckshot-black moon
All i can think of at the moment.

oh yeah i rememba buckshot shorty.

"check the dialect from the diaphragm my maaaannnn"

good stuff man!!!!!
:victory: :victory: :victory: classic!!!

2pac betta than mutta ****ing biggie

stop it
2pac murdered him and made him
many rappers are growin' up off him
his albums are crazy and lyrics, too
and biggie and other rappers suck his dick:

My vote goes to the self-proclaimed greatest of all time old school hardcore gangsta rapper LL Cool J.

greatest of aLL time........

RAKIM / BIG DADDY KANE / KOOL G RAP / 2 PAC / B.I.G / RASS KASS / GHOST & RAE / JIGGA / NAS / EM / REDMAN / ANDRE 3000 & BIG BOI / COMMON SENCE / MOS DEF / TASH from da liks / NASTY NAS not the new nas .(he stiLL dope but....) / Q TIP / BIG L / PRODIGY mobbdeep / ..........thats the mainstream i wouldnt think of trying the reaL or Lets say the whoLe rap game as the underground iz way way thick with sick assed individuaLs who deserve PROPZ .............

Alot of you need to stop worrying about who's the greatest rapper of all time, and go back to school and learn to read and write. I think somebody said that Nas has the best lerrics and beets, I hope the guy was just kidding, cause that's just sad...

The greatest rapper of all time is 2Pac, until he's dethrowned.

Biggie was good, but overrated, and his legacy would be far less if he hadn't been murdered.

I wanted to put Nas in the number two spot, because he's been around for so long, and alot of the newer guys hadn't put out as much to compete with him yet, but then i got smart. Eminem has put out two good albums, and 1 great album, and alot of Em's best **** is his underground, unreleased, and unpublicized collaborations that most rap fans have never heard.

Em only got as big as he is because he's white, but that's the same reason that people will never consider him one of the greatest rappers of all time. People pay too much attention to Em's appearance, and not enough attention to his incredible lyrical ability. Basically what i'm trying to say is that if Em was black, he'd be near the top of almost everybody's list...

While virtually all other rappers either write song after song about the same ole ****, (Ganglife, and Bling Bling) Eminem is one of the most versatile rappers of all time.

My list goes like this...

1. Tupac Shakur, great lyricist, storyteller, and songwriter...
2.Eminem, No rapper has done so much in so little time, one of the greatest lyricists, and freestylists ever, the most versatile rapper ever.
3. Nas, anybody that denies Nas' legend in rap is ignorant, and in denial, great songwriter...
4. Biggie, Even though I think he's overrated, I can't deny that his first and only two albums were hot, and his legacy in the rap game is hard to ignore.
5. Jay-Z, I think there are numerous rappers with as much, or far more talent than Jay-Z, but Jay-Z consistently comes out with hit albums full of hit songs year after year, and that can't be ignored.

Other solo rappers or rap groups that deserve props.

Outkast, versatile, consistent, and always coming out with good **** that doesn't sound anything like what everybody else is doing, but it still sells, and it's still hot as ****...

The Roots, most people aren't familiar with them, great beats, good songs, great flow, alot of culture and art in their lyrics, alot of versatility, they rap about emotion, and not money, that's always a plus...

Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Blackstar is the bomb, Mos Def is one of the greatest freestyle rappers to ever live. Like the roots, their songs are deep, they mean something, and they always have a valuable message. Powerful, inspiring ****...

Snoop, i'd never put him up with the greatest rappers, but he's still one of my favorites, and he's just a damn pimp, I think we all need another album in comparison to Doggystyle to drop and than we can talk about his place on the list, he'll definitely never be forgotten, he's everywhere, and he's probably one of the most popular rap artists of all time...

Everyone in the Wu-Tang Clan, I don't even need to explain why I give them props, they're just awesome... C-R-E-A-M

That's it, like it or not, Lewis Da Pimp...

Someone said that if MTV put Em in the 3 spot, they must not consider the content in the music, you have got to be kidding me. I respect Tupac, and Biggie, and Nas, and everybody else on the list, but I regret to inform you, because I know that you and alot of other people are obviously haters, but Eminem, yes, a white boy, will probably go down as the greatest rapper of all time before it's all said and done, pretty sad huh. that's like a black guy being the greatest hockey player of all time. Tiger woods is probably going to be known as the greatest golfer of all time, and he's kind of black. Eminem's songs are so far superior to 99 percent of the garbage that's been put out, it's almost embarassing to the rest of the rap community. understand i'm not talking about the greats like tupac, or biggie, but damn. so much of rap is so bias, and typical, and repetitive, and completely lame, but because they're black, it's adored by millions. take away the color of his skin, eminem is the most talented rapper that ever lived, like it or not, his music isn't the same typical, stereotypical nonsense that you hear every other rapper come out with year after year, I love rap music, but i hardly consider it music, most of it is done by machines, but there are exceptions, and em is one of them, i think all of you em hater need to get your mind out of the gutter, forget that a white boy is doing so much in a black man's culture, and respect the man for his talent, and what he's done for your music, you should be proud, and inviting...

Em hasn't done anything for rap. I still don't see any other rappers on vh1 or hear them on rock radio. His success is all his. I agree that he is very good and better than most of the other commercial rappers out now but he hasn't helped rap(no fault of his). Even R & B songs with raps in them(J-Lo's "Jenny from the block" and others); VH1 used to play the versions without the raps but they play Em's stuff.

The Greatest....

Rakim - of course

No gimmicks (bleach your hair blonde and be controversial...and hate on boy bands... oohhh so tough, Justin Timberlake and Nick Lachey gon' jump on you boy)

No beefs (move to the west coast when you grew up in Maryland and dis east coast emcee's - use a blessing of be spared to sell more records for you)

And he never cared who was the best, was humble when he was considered the greatest - LL made a CD with GOAT as the title - it's eating him up.

RAKIM
KOOL G RAP
BIG DADDY KANE
SCARFACE
ICE CUBE

I choose old school emcee's because the mc's after 95 all sound the same. I'm gonna come out with a video rockin' ice, grindin' on models from a modeling agency, and rent a bentley and then I'll be on the list and after I talk trash about my momma, y'all gon really feel me.

Chiclets can flim flam flim and kiss my big black stuff...oh I meant eminem. Vanilla wafer would have fit better. That's BIGG ROME'S take. You know me......

Back