Got a question.

Pieter1991

First of all, Hi i'm Pieter and new to the forum, i registered to ask this question.

Here we go.

I've got a question about connecting some hardware to control a certain software.

This is the hardware i've got.

*Macbook PRO 13"
- USB's, FIREWIRE

*Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller
- midi: IN, OUT/THRU

*Behringer BCR2000 b-control rotary
- midi: IN, OUT-A, OUT-B/THRU, USB

*focusrite saffire pro 24 Audio interface
- midi IN, OUT (firewire to MAC)

the software i'm talking about is Native Instruments Guitar Rig.

Now how do i have to connect the FCB1010 to control switching effects on and of in Guitar Rig
and simultaneously use the BCR2000 to control the knobs of the effects and amps in Guitar Rig

do in need any additional hardware such as a midi interface?

or can i chain the hardware in a certain way
and then any software to control the midi in and out puts?

thanks in advance,
i hope everything is clear,
and i hope anyone can help me out..

Greets from Belguim!

First of all, Hi i'm Pieter and new to the forum, i registered to ask this question.

Here we go.

I've got a question about connecting some hardware to control a certain software.

Now how do i have to connect the FCB1010 to control switching effects on and of in Guitar Rig
and simultaneously use the BCR2000 to control the knobs of the effects and amps in Guitar Rig

chain the hardware as follows:

bcr2000 MIDI OUT -> MIDI IN FCB1010 MIDI OUT/THRU -> MIDI IN Saffire USB -> Mac

this depends on the FCB1010 being able to merge it's data stream with any data stream that appears at its input

Otherwise you may need to invest in a MIDI merger like so http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...DI+merger&_nkw=MIDI+merger&_sacat=0&_from=R40 and have both the BCR2000 and the FCB1010 merged directly to the saffire

Last edited:
chain the hardware as follows:

bcr2000 MIDI OUT -> MIDI IN FCB1010 MIDI OUT/THRU -> MIDI IN Saffire USB -> Mac

this depends on the FCB1010 being able to merge it's data stream with any data stream that appears at its input

Otherwise you may need to invest in a MIDI merger like so and have both the BCR2000 and the FCB1010 merged directly to the saffire

Ok awesome, thanks.
I know allot about technology, if i may say so. :p
But i'm a noob when it comes to MIDI.
So this is what i found about the data merge, i guess.
This is what's in the manual.

MIDI IN: serves to receive recorded system-exclusive data or to merge any MIDI signals with FCB1010- generated data.
The FCB1010 has no dedicated MIDITHRU port. However, the data received at the MIDI IN can be routed to the MIDI OUT provided that the MERGE function is enabled.
MIDI OUT: The MIDI OUT allows you to transmit data to any MIDI-compatible device/instrument.

So do i still need that merger?
If not, then when i connect everything the way you say, will i get feedback from the software, with that i mean when i turn a knob in the software will that also show on the BCR2000?
And when i turn of an effect in the software will that also show on the FCB1010?

thanks for your help again, appreciate it.
Oh yeah forgot to mention, i don't own the controllers yet, ordered them though.

turn the midi merge function on and you're good to go with the initial wiring setup (ordinarily, I would have checked the manuals for both (I have the fcb1010 and have the manual for the bcr2000 as others here at fp use it and ask questions that are easily answered by referring to the manual; but out for most of the day so did the wiring scenarios and left it to you to discover what you needed :))

Last edited:
i was thinking a bit and i wondered if this connection also might do the trick?
...............................................................................................................
...FCB1010.................................BCR2000.................................MACBOOK...
...............................................................................................................
................................................USB <----------------------------->USB...........
...MIDI IN <-----------------------> MIDI OUT..................................................
...MIDI OUT <---------------------> MIDI IN....................................................
.................................................MIDI THRU................................................
................................................................................................................
hope you can figure out my little schematic here :p

Last edited:
no, use the saffire it will provide best solution to your issue - what you propose could end up in a nasty loop

Back