Good Midi Keyboard?

R

Robby2382

I already have an Akai Mpk25 since normally I go back and forth to my home to a friends where he has his studio. Right now I'm looking to get a bigger keyboard just for my house, and overall its better for playing out more complex melodies. Im not looking for anything high tech just a keyboard for its size and how far the keys go. I came across this http://m.guitarcenter.com/Casio-LK-165-61-Lighted-Key-Educational-Portable-Keyboard-108258641-i2059369.gc

Its quite cheap, its built for teaching you how to play piano which is a skill I want to learn, it says it has a midi usb port. What I wanna know is, will this keyboard plug in and work with FL? Thats really all I need it to do, everything else is extra so if anyone has, had or just knows about this keyboard just say so.

it should work with fl's generic midi drivers. however i would go for just a straight up usb midi controller without an onboard sound generator, like the m-audio axiom series. something with mappable sliders and knobs.

Like the people above me said, go for the the fully usb midi keyboard. You can always use headphones and practice how to play the piano on it, i mean come on you have a computer. If you like your MPK 25 why don't you just upgrade up to a mpk 49 :) Once you get that feel of the keys you won't regret it. I'm sure you could find once used online somewhere, and if you are against buying used goods I'm sure the recommendation given above the axiom is good as well. I would just put in the dough for the mpk49.

I would personally skip the 49 keys and go to a 61 on a MPK so you can get the extra 4 pads. Those are very useful. Imo the MPK series controllers are some of the best available.

Back