Giving Back To Future Producers: A Viral Application (Hope This Helps)

HipHopInYoHood

Just wanted to say thanks guys. It's been a pleasure being able to continue to share new music from my website with REAL musicians who really do it. It's always cool to see the feedback from people who are actually in the industry.

So with that being said, I'd like to share something I came across earlier today. It'll help you get more likes to your facebook fan pages. I haven't used it for my website, because it's relatively new and I don't want to piss people off too much.

It's designed for wordpress websites (if you don't have one, and want to know how to throw one up, PM me. It's SO easy. all you need is a hosting account and a domain name.) But with this plug-in, you can restrict access to people using your beats/listening to your mixtape by "locking it" until they click "like" to open it. So for instance, if you are giving away free beats just to get noticed, you can simply tell your viewers to click "like" to download the free beats, raising the number of fans on your page. Then they will be updated via facebook every time you update your fanpage on giveaways. But next time you can make them tweet it (i'll be giving that one away too). Hope this helps. If you have any questions just leave them here.

WordPress-Like-Locker-1.2.zip

That's kind of bogus. Why do you have to trick people into liking you just to get a song? I am sick and tired of internet hucksters.

Last edited:
That's kind of bogus. Why do you have to trick people into liking you just to get a song? I am sick and tired of internet hucksters.

Bogus? No. What's bogus is when people actually like your music, download it because they LIKE it so much, and then are too lazy to click your damn like or subscribe button and help you out. Subscribing, following, or liking takes literally two seconds. Making the beat they download takes a lot more time then that. Your providing them with a free product, the least they can do is help your cause.

And last time I checked, blatantly having a like button sitting there saying "Like my Page for DOWLOAD" isn't tricking anyone...
If they want the beat, they will comply. If not, they won't click it.
REAL TRICKSTER OVER HERE! I TELL YA!

BTW Inspire. I don't think I've ever seen a positive / intelligent post from you.
Let me know if you have any.

Trick people? If they want the song in the first place that obviously means they like you lol. This is the process I had in my mind for this plug-in.

1. Set up a cool site with a banner.
2. Have your soundclick/soundcloud playlist on the front of the homepage.
3. Tell them, "If you want to use the beat, or like my song or mixtape blah blah go here (link to the post with the beats/mixtape on the homepage)
4. When they get there, simply have a lock on it with the facebook like plug-in.
5. Have a message, "If you are satisfied with the production/music or whatever, click like to have access"
6. ???
7. Profit

They get beats...you build up social engagement. What's so wrong with that?

Back