getting serious for music

selectah1

hello, my name is david. i enjoy the production of music and id like to learn more than what i know now. i make beats and im familiar with mixing and mastering but the thing is id like to take the next step. ive been working and improving on the same software for 4 years. i just graduated high school and now im looking for part time apprenticeship in a recording studio.. the thing is that alot are not really doing that anymore without recommendation of someone else. For now im just making beats.. sampling, chopping, and all that good stuff but id like to expand my variety of music and with that being said my main interest would be roots reggae /dub and id like to learn more on mixing and mastering . i am writing this thread because id really like to get serious about producing and begin to start it as my career. id like to get some advice and tips if possible .. thankyou

Last edited:
hey hats up, roots and dub is tight. I'm Eric. This dumb chick that hosts a local mic nights wrote a song about me cause of roots. lmao I told this other dude I made electronic music but tried to keep to the roots, and blah blah but anyway she goes up there and sings this really shitty song about how i am not a roots man, but whatever. She doesn't know me and never will.

haha I'm interested in hearing your beats though! Welcome to this forum. :)

Last edited:
ayy thats wasup man thanks for the reply ! big ups!! There isn't much reggae that sounds like its authentic sound..
These tracks need to be remastered and are pretty old but id still like some type of honest feedback cause i really dont get so much people hearing my beats. Ive got alot more projects but they all just need good quality mastering

https://soundcloud.com/krucialponderiddim

Last edited:
Back