getting high quality sounding instrumentals from fl

Enefaded

i just felt like dropping my first stuff on fp though i've been here for a long time now but didn't take it serious... gettin a high quality sounding instrumental is not by turning off the circular pannin law in the project settings coz that just brings apparent loudness and in a way messes up the mix in terms of it makes the mix have no sense of 3d space in it... first thing is that you disable the limiter coz limitin comes in at the final mixdown of your voice and the beat... secondly, try to make your mix not enter the red and if it enters just reduce the master level on the mixer... thirdly, make sure your bass drum and bassline is well balanced in the mix in essence not conflictin frequencies with themselve and other instruments coz it makes the mix sound muddy... make sure anything that is not bass be highpassed to help reduce the muddiness... try to use transient designers on ur drums to increase clarity.. i don't wanna go into transient designing stuff coz there are already many tutorials out there about transient designers (google it!)... export them with the highest quality settings (hq for all plugs, etc..) these are the ones i can remember now... i'll drop more as time goes on....thanks....

secondly, try to make your mix not enter the red and if it enters just reduce the master level on the mixer...

It is nice of you to put these tips for FL up here but the above quote is not sound advice; I would highly recommend NOT moving the master fader, leave it at 0db and instead adjust the individual track volumes until you get the headroom where you want it.

Back