Future of Beat Making-Android

skillz

I'm purchasing an Android tablet now. Wouldn't mind a Windows one which runs just like your desktop.

I could make skeletons at work, on the train, driving with my feet on the wheels.

For your consideration.

FL Studio on Android

Any thoughts.

Good for on the go or on the road, but laptops are portable too. It would be fun to play with and see how different making a beat without clicking a mouse would be.

If you want to skip learning music theory....

Get an Android program called EASYBAND.

I used to be a Chordbot fan but EasyBand is a bit better. You can resize the notes. Watch the little vid that goes with it, it's only about 5 minutes long.

Export what you play to midi, import it into your DAW, slap some instruments on that midi channel and it's a wrap.

BiggRome is for the kids.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I'm also a fan of Keychords, Caustic 2, PChords, Electrum, J4L 4 track

For iOS, I have iMaschine, ProChords, Chordbot, Fire Studio, Fire Recorder, some more stuff. I only use iMaschine, I make beats on the spinning bike at the gym so I don't get bored as hell.

If you have an Android tablet and go to the gym, get TUBEMATE, you can download a bunch of Youtube vids before you go and you won't get "bored as hell" because they have the Kardashians on every other TV in the gym for some reason. I got a Lenovo A1 because of the front facing camera. It's not the best tablet but it has more features than the others. My wife and daughter have Nook Tablets, I'd take my Lenovo tablet over a Nook or a Kindle Fire.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Google's Android smartphone market share quadruples Apple's iOS - Aug. 8, 2012

Last edited:
maybe this would work
Dell 10" Netbook PC, Foggy Night, with Intel Atom N550 Processor, Windows 7 Home Premium, iMD 3487FNT - Walmart.com

I don't know if you could add RAM to it but if you could get it up to 4 to 6 gigs of RAM on it
I think it would be great for on the go anywhere production
I'll you would need is some headphones asio4all

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

laptops ftw these mobile things are just toys for ppl who want to make some loops

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

it seems like the workflow would be murdered then raped working on something liek this lol

laptops ftw these mobile things are just toys for ppl who want to make some loops

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

it seems like the workflow would be murdered then raped working on something liek this lol

They are mostly for "fun" when it comes to making music. You can record verses if you're a rapper because there are a few 4 track programs.

You can do skeleton beat ideas with some of the tablet software.

Nothing will even equal a dedicated DAW.

There is use for it as a sketch pad...but you got to deal with what they give you. I got it sitting on itunes, but I wanted my space back. I would recommend garageband first. Its also very frustrating and a lot more time consuming on a touch screen. I give it a few more years for them to build on what they have and for technology to advance.

They are mostly for "fun" when it comes to making music. You can record verses if you're a rapper because there are a few 4 track programs.

You can do skeleton beat ideas with some of the tablet software.

Nothing will even equal a dedicated DAW.

what about all the IK Multimedia stuff
Products - Mobile

-Coach Antonio

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips

I wish props would make reason 3 app for android....I would definitely get a tablet for that. I mean...reason 3 didn't need much power to use anyway. My life would be complete.

tumblr_l9zoruvlbu1qcfba3o1_500.gif

"Yo..I want reason 3"
"Yo..I want reason 3"
"Yo..I want reason 3"

Last edited:
what about all the IK Multimedia stuff
Products - Mobile

-Coach Antonio

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips

That DJ thing is a game changer. In about 5 -10 years... we're going to be dinosaurs with our laptops and what not, lol.

I would suggest using some type of desktop or laptop to make your beats on. I have a Maschine app on my IPhone that I can make melodies on the go but I also use Maschine as my DAW and Hardware so importing files back and forth is a piece of cake!

Check this tablet out. It is more of a tax write off for me. Australian laws suck.

We can't even write off mortgage interest unlike you gyus in USA. Anyways thats for the commerce niggaz on the website.

I bought the below. It has the LG, ipad 2 screen and accepts 5 touches, not bad...

It's 7 inches, or 17 cm. Thats pretty small, got a leather case, 32gb sd card, delivered $154. Thats dirt cheap.

Aliexpress.com : Buy [Perfect Screen] 7'' Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II AMLogic AML8726 MX 1.5GHz Dual Core L.G IPS screen Android 4.0 1GB/16GB Tablet PC from Reliable Tablet PC suppliers on Shenzhen Sam Alan Trading Co., Ltd.

!!!Shit Damn, Mofo, Rome! Made it to 1:00, gotta get. Can the files be exported to any DAW?

I think so, I skimmed the vid but I was like yo... lol.

I don't know if it's because it's on a tablet and they are so portable or what but people seem to like these new apps that they don't have to lug a laptop around to use.

I'm from the desktop days! Big Old loud honkin' tower or wires and fans... couldn't take it anywhere, lol.

Laptops still win though. I bought one a little while ago with an i5 processor in it, I was too cheap to get the i7. I said I would only use it for music... now it's full of all kinds of crap, lol. Tablets still can't compete though.

Back