Funny Story

Xabiton

Cupcake God
So i decieded i wanted to get a digital turntable so that i could use the spdif connection on my audiophile and get rid of my huge preamp kuz it was takin alot of space so i trade my str820 for a st880 from guitar center it was used and i get it home **** dont work so i go back and they exchange for another one that didnt work so i end up gettin another str820 kuz they sold my old one only thing is that this one has a broken tone arm the sound off it is fine but its missin a screw that pisses me off plus i only got $25 for my trade in and i paid 100 for the new table and cable and when i took the one that didnt work back i got a phono amp for it along with another str820 and ended up payin $13 more in the end. note to all if it aint broke dont fix it.

Are you sure both the Turntable and audio interface were set at the same bit depth and sample rate because that might have been the problem.That happens alot with S/PDIF but in those cases if their not the same harsh popping and clipping occurs so I don't know...but yea, if it ain't broke, dont fix it.

Damn.. sorry to hear that. I never trade. If I want something, I usually buy it straight out. I'll sell something though... but never trade. Especially with GC. You could've got more than that on ebay.

^basically. its a lesson for those who dont know better i guess. if it aint broke dont fix it.

argl.. sorry to hear that

fortunately i have never had such troubles with my gear (well.. at least music gear ;))

Update: Payback is a *****
So Infradead gave me a compressor the other day along with a bunch of vinyl and i was hookin up the compressor and i realised i had the wrong cables and went into GC yesterday to buy them and took a look at the turntables and saw the one I sold them sittin there(after the sales guy that sold me the broken one said it was gone) so I talked to the sales guy and said he could do an exchange for me no problem so i go home with my cables and try to hook this compressor up to find out its a dud (dont bother me none it was a free compressor that retailed for $450 i didnt know why dude would just give it up lol) but I went back into GC to trade the broken one and I guess state law says they have to hold it for 30 days so he couldnt sell it to me but he did give a brand new T.50(the updated Str8-20) new out the box and I also traded them the broken compressor for the little presonus one for $100. so basically I got a new turntable for $13 plus I got a free $100 compressor. lmao

Back