Funky Dope Scratches/ Dak Reynold

Dak Reynold

This is a little scratch song out of a beat I got from "the Funk Junkie" on here, if you still like good music then find him and the downloads to his albums, some of the best shit I've heard in years.

I cut up his beat to my own style and added some scratches and this is my song. If you don't like scratch music you might as well hit that back button, if you do,
tell me what you think.
Thanks.

I like this, it has a nice vibe to it. Smooth old school :) good job

I am pretty New to the genre but if you did that scratching great job and I actually might need you to scratch on this track on my project at the end definitely pm your details man

VicSteez- I must be to f'n old, cause all the songs I post everyone says "I love that old school vibe".

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

5Star- I'd love to get down on a track with you.

Nothing wrong with the old stuff man.. but nice job on the track its always cool to hear people still scratchin' away

DJ Alkemy - I'm glad you posted, I added you on sound cloud. I was actually looking for you once I opened my soundcloud page. That scratch song posted above, didn't you do a new mix on here a few months ago? I was looking for that song to download. I didn't listen to your crews sh*t yet but I'll check it out. I'm interested to here a fresh scratch song by you or anyone. I haven't been in touch for years but besides for my old "Return of the DJ" tapes/cd's it seems scratch music is obsolete. Thanks for your post.

Thanks for the comments guys, I think I'll try another mix to make the sound a little better as suggested, after that time to keep moving on.

This is dope! Scratching is on point, I like how it's mixed so the vocal scratches add another layer to it. Real smooth, nice thick sound.

Thanks for all the comments, I think I'm going to re do the sound as recommended and cut the track in half cause I was a little drunk in the end, although that flare scratch is pretty on point in my opinion.
I'll post a new thread if I get around to fixing the song cause apparently you cannot edit a thread over a week old on here, which is f'n pointless.

Funk Junkie, I'm done with listening to that mike, aaron and eddie track, my new jam is that big-l track and "gettin' bit*hes" song, great remixes. You should do a remix of a Nas Illmatic song with a slight electronic beat. Also on the Mike/Aaron song are you using an EMX by chance?

nice man, +1 to turning the cuts up, they are a bit quiet. I'd say watch out that you don't cut 2 samples simultaneously, a couple bits the cuts overlapped and it conflicts a bit.

sounding real good man, Could deal with a litlle change it the funky dope scratch sentence occasionally, a few different timings. Vibe is very chilled, nice head nod music. Nice to hear people still cutting away.

Thanks everyone for their insight.
I re-cut the track and sound and think it sounds a little smoother now.

Vekked you already got my vote for this year and I turned up the cuts.

Tableturnsmore, thanks for the feedback, if you want votes use your name as opposed to signing up on a forum with a random name then saying vote for me dj callaaa? And I only remember that much of your name cause I read it on another post. If you're using a sh*tload of monikers then how can your fans follow you?

Hey mate beat is sounding really chilled and old school. Good scratches on there man, The samples you are using get kind of repetitive after a while, but it does make you focus on the scratching. Good work fam!

this is some dope shit, it def has an old school vibe but that's actually a current thing right now so in a way it's modern again. Good song

Thanks for the replies.
My next goal is to see if I can make something that is considered new school:monkey: , f*ck it I like my style.
Stuck in 1995 till the day I die!!

Back