Fruity Loops 808 Attack

Masd775

Does anyone know how I can lower or reduce the initial attack of my 808 in FL so it almost sounds like a sub bass. I want to make more head room and blend it with a kick which is doing most of the attack.

Hey Masd,
Different ways, different results. You can put a fade in on the kick, a compressor with a lookahead attack or even a limiter to get soft transients. Try, what fits best to your imaginations.

Well.... there are usually knobs on the kick drum synth... you can usually turn them.. and listen to what happens to the sound... FL 808... I imagine it does not really have much going for it... though if you twist the knobs and get no real desired results.. you can load compressor with a fast attack and release.. this will take the snap out of the kick, and leave you with that fart resonance you might be looking for... You can eq it as well.. and cut everything above 500 Hz or there abouts, and have that farty mud left to do what you desire with it... :)

try FL's Transient processor (or any other transient editor), that should do the trick, the demo version is included in newest installer

Back