FP Old Head Thread...

I think FP is good in doses. Try to learn from the good information that gets posted every now & then and ignore the ignorance and negativity. Though back in the mid 2000's the ignorance and negativity was a reason why I would come here often lol .. it was kinda like a Worldstarhiphop for producers imo.

Not an old head like most of ya'll, but been here for a minute. Lurked for about a year before actually joining in "10. Some epic flame wars and what not when I first joined. As20gp, Big Rome 1.0, Rice, Modus, Xabition, Troup, etc... would all be arguing and I just sat back and read it all. Rarely commenting but enjoying the show and the knowledge dropped. FP helped make me a better musician.

I remember back when their was a dude named myspacegangsta and people would go in on him for his username as if he was an internet thug. lol! He had to explain everyday to somebody that he thought the name was funny.....he wasn't trying to be a gangsta or nothing on FP. lol.

My first FP name from back then is.................nah........don't worry about it.

Ole Bobsmittz and nem. That one dude....forgot his name but he would post his music and a gang of people would go in on him.lol Think his name was Rondo or something. He had some good ideas back then though....from stuff I heard over the years hell the dude was ahead of his time. Dudes were so critical back then. A bunch of backpackers hating on crunk music. Not like today when people say they tired of trap....those dudes were diehard boom bap and fuuck everything else type dudes. If it wasn't Boom Bap....it got a negative response from them. Wow at how things have changed since then.

Last edited:
Shout out to Troup....dude inspired me to go IN sometimes.

This nigga right here came in and let his nuts hang. He said **** you, this is me, and i ain't apologizing for shit. IDGAF what you think about who I am and what I do, I'm a mutha****in force!

He ain't back down for shit, and stuck to his guns.

Respect. :cheers:

Sorry to hear about ur situation Rome. That shit sucks.

It came out of nowhere, it was hard to accept at first and the arguing about what I WAS doing for her and my kids didn't help. I wasn't about to be run down when I was paying 5x's what she was "contributing". A grown woman with a full time job trying to get by for free like she's one of the kids - nope. There's a word for that called "selfishness".

... then I started listening to audiobooks about how living in "chronic chaos" will eventually harden your arteries and cause heart disease and all kinds of other stuff. Not to mention, screw up your children. It screws up your other relationships too because you're constantly talking about how F'd up things are and people get tired of that. I had to quit complaining about her, lol. I learned that I had a lot of quirks / hang ups too. Being an old hardened former battle rapper... whenever she said something foul, I said something worse. I couldn't stop it. I cussed her cousin out the other week at a bbq, lol. I didn't mean too but he was trying to tell me about her when living with her and being her cousin are two totally different relationships. She can be nice and she normally is but when she's stressed out - all of her problems in life are because of me. Phug that and the arguments became too frequent. I thought they would stop, but they got worse. She got a smart mouth too, I can't even have a regular convo with her without her cussing now-a-days. Whenever she needs to talk to somebody about something serious, she'll call me and try to act as if she didn't break two pairs of my $250 headphones, crack me with a mic stand, hurl a garbage disposal at me one morning. I have great reflexes I learned. I learned these "Rage Fits" occur in some people - their brains shut off and they don't give a damn! I told her to go to an anger management course through my job the last time she was trippin'... she called the counselor but I knew she had no intentions on going. I had to move out of there. Too damn quiet in here though, I'm used to kids and noise and ish.

... and I don't like other dude's kids so I'm in a tough spot on the dating scene.

I was in this class with this dude that said he moved out like I did, screw some chick in the apartment complex, she got pregnant and now he has 18 years of child support to pay her because he went back to his wife after a month. Damn it, what is a nugga to do?!? (rubbers break... I'm scurred)

It came out of nowhere, it was hard to accept at first and the arguing about what I WAS doing for her and my kids didn't help. I wasn't about to be run down when I was paying 5x's what she was "contributing". A grown woman with a full time job trying to get by for free like she's one of the kids - nope. There's a word for that called "selfishness".

... then I started listening to audiobooks about how living in "chronic chaos" will eventually harden your arteries and cause heart disease and all kinds of other stuff. Not to mention, screw up your children. It screws up your other relationships too because you're constantly talking about how F'd up things are and people get tired of that. I had to quit complaining about her, lol. I learned that I had a lot of quirks / hang ups too. Being an old hardened former battle rapper... whenever she said something foul, I said something worse. I couldn't stop it. I cussed her cousin out the other week at a bbq, lol. I didn't mean too but he was trying to tell me about her when living with her and being her cousin are two totally different relationships. She can be nice and she normally is but when she's stressed out - all of her problems in life are because of me. Phug that and the arguments became too frequent. I thought they would stop, but they got worse. She got a smart mouth too, I can't even have a regular convo with her without her cussing now-a-days. Whenever she needs to talk to somebody about something serious, she'll call me and try to act as if she didn't break two pairs of my $250 headphones, crack me with a mic stand, hurl a garbage disposal at me one morning. I have great reflexes I learned. I learned these "Rage Fits" occur in some people - their brains shut off and they don't give a damn! I told her to go to an anger management course through my job the last time she was trippin'... she called the counselor but I knew she had no intentions on going. I had to move out of there. Too damn quiet in here though, I'm used to kids and noise and ish.

... and I don't like other dude's kids so I'm in a tough spot on the dating scene.

I was in this class with this dude that said he moved out like I did, screw some chick in the apartment complex, she got pregnant and now he has 18 years of child support to pay her because he went back to his wife after a month. Damn it, what is a nugga to do?!? (rubbers break... I'm scurred)

Bruh...I know about the crazy ass arguments and fights and shit. I was with this chick for a LONG ass time, and she was the most negative person in the world. Literally.

She did nothing but ***** at me all the time. She would argue at me for 8 hours straight...literal arguments that lasted for 8 HOURS. And sometimes she would keep the same argument going for like 2 weeks.

I had to finally leave, because I had this feeling that if I stayed with her, I was gonna go to jail. She was causing my anger to get out of control. During one of her fits and being all fly at the mouth, I caught myself lunging at her. Like for a millisecond I forgot my home training, and I was about to yoke her ass up.

Another time, I backed her into a wall and tried to put a dent in her forehead with my finger, because she just kept ****ing with me...literally for HOURS, arguing at me.

We aint' even live together, but leaving my own house wouldn't even work, because it would be waiting on me when I got back. I started putting her out of my house when she started that arguing shit.

"You got to go...bye...I'll see you some other time" **door slam**

Your girl sound like one of her friends got in her ear. I can always tell that shit. Either she got a new friend, or one of her old friends recently broke up with her man, and she done influence your wife.

Damn shame, cuz you would always talk about how your family was your priority, and that's where all your money went.

Some chicks (like my ex) be used to getting treated good for so long, that they think that shit is NORMAL out there on the single scene...

Then they get they asses out there, and realize ain't nothing but DICK out there. Cuz niggaz don't love these chicks out there. Then they start appreciating what they had at home.

you got a garbage disposal thrown at you?

damn... ... that's a new one.

umm been here forever. started the battle forum. ran it for awhile but all the hassle of people multi accounting to win internet points made me quit for awhile. still talk with mano1 now and again. he's busy with family and work.

oddly i don't make hip hop and never have.

I know, a garbage disposal?? What she do, shot-put that joint???

shotput-barnes.jpg

I had to finally leave, because I had this feeling that if I stayed with her, I was gonna go to jail. She was causing my anger to get out of control.

I can relate. I had a similar situation that was starting to get bad (pushing, etc..) and so I had to pull the plug.

Whats fcuked up about it is when the breakup happened I tried to explain it (as if it wasn't plain as day already) and she just didn't see it...smh.

I realized at the end of that relationship that we both were good people just not good for each other...

#LiveAndLearn

I remember back when their was a dude named myspacegangsta and people would go in on him for his username as if he was an internet thug. lol! He had to explain everyday to somebody that he thought the name was funny.....he wasn't trying to be a gangsta or nothing on FP. lol.

My first FP name from back then is.................nah........don't worry about it.

Ole Bobsmittz and nem. That one dude....forgot his name but he would post his music and a gang of people would go in on him.lol Think his name was Rondo or something. He had some good ideas back then though....from stuff I heard over the years hell the dude was ahead of his time. Dudes were so critical back then. A bunch of backpackers hating on crunk music. Not like today when people say they tired of trap....those dudes were diehard boom bap and fuuck everything else type dudes. If it wasn't Boom Bap....it got a negative response from them. Wow at how things have changed since then.

Mother****ing RANDO!!

umm been here forever. started the battle forum. ran it for awhile but all the hassle of people multi accounting to win internet points made me quit for awhile. still talk with mano1 now and again. he's busy with family and work.

oddly i don't make hip hop and never have.

Wild stuff man... smh.

Yeah, Troup. Sometimes things can go too far.

Joined May 2006 under Supreemwun. Read less frequently, post even less often. Got a joint on the Yog Westwood and Yung Wax "Tha Situation" Collab CD titled Fvck it! Lately been workin on some stuff that better suits some God of War video game type stuff.

Yog Westwood is workin with Rampage from Flipmode Squad. Dropped a joint on Sir Jinx mixtape Land Minds, Overtime Hustlin Volume 13 (hosted By Phamiliar) Best Of The West Pt 3 (track 5 I'm Him), also will be droppin a new solo CD (with features from the likes of the OG Kokane). I got a track called Wildin' On Them Niggas that might make the cut on this one but we will see.

Been lurking since 2006. Learned a lot when I used to read stuff on here years ago. Great entertainment on here, very funny folks. Great insight about beats, music and life. You guys are great, especially the old heads. Still read from time to time. Saw this thread had to post. LOL

Back