Forbes Lists Highest-Paid Musicians Of 2012

According to some FP posters...MF's on this list ain't makin sh!t compared to the billionaires of the world. They are merely hood rich! LMAO!

1. Dr. Dre ($110 million)
2. Roger Waters ($88 million)
3. Elton John ($80 million)
4. U2 ($78 million)
5. Take That ($69 millio

Checkout the full list here: Forbes Lists Highest-Paid Musicians Of 2012 | LabDummy

Want that "forever" money you better be knee-deep in the tech world (unless you're an aging rock legend dinosaur doing stadium level touring)

Will.i.am Announces $320 iPhone Camera Accessory

Spotify Nears Financing at Over $3B Valuation - WSJ.com

Waywire founder Cory Booker has YouTube in his sights

Want that "forever" money you better be knee-deep in the tech world (unless you're an aging rock legend dinosaur doing stadium level touring)

Will.i.am Announces $320 iPhone Camera Accessory

Spotify Nears Financing at Over $3B Valuation - WSJ.com

Waywire founder Cory Booker has YouTube in his sights

What I can tell you is, that there's a new "youth lifestyle television" channel on the horizon. A little birdie tweeted me that some might even call it a kind of a Music TeleVision for the 21st century. :) 250m funding so far (just to put it in perspective with the stuff you just posted) and the support of the mobile phone providers (a biggie!).

A LOT of money is gonna be poured into the music world soon. Not because music sales are that great, but because (more than ever) music influences the lifestyles and buying patterns of young people, with pockets deeper than ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here's a list of your lowest paid (songwriters)... by Pandora, anyway Digital Music News - We've Written Some of the Biggest Songs In History. And This Is What Pandora Pays Us...

[h=2]We've Written Some of the Biggest Songs In History. And This Is What Pandora Pays Us...[/h] Wednesday, November 28, 2012
by paul
Ellen Shipley famously made $39 off of 3.1 million Pandora plays, but this is by no means an aberration. Ahead of a broader hearing on Capitol Hill on Wednesday morning, some of the most successful, Grammy-adorned songwriters held a closed session with members of the media and legislators to discuss their internet radio royalty situation. The meeting was held on the second floor of the Rayburn House Office Building.
Before the presentation (and performances) started, these songwriters showed Digital Music News their royalty breakdowns for some of their most successful songs. These are overall payments for all songwriters involved.

songwriter4.jpg
songwriter5.jpg
songwriter1.jpg
songwriter2.jpg
songwriter3.jpg

And here's a list of your lowest paid (songwriters)... by Pandora, anyway Digital Music News - We've Written Some of the Biggest Songs In History. And This Is What Pandora Pays Us...

We've Written Some of the Biggest Songs In History. And This Is What Pandora Pays Us...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
by paul
Ellen Shipley famously made $39 off of 3.1 million Pandora plays, but this is by no means an aberration. Ahead of a broader hearing on Capitol Hill on Wednesday morning, some of the most successful, Grammy-adorned songwriters held a closed session with members of the media and legislators to discuss their internet radio royalty situation. The meeting was held on the second floor of the Rayburn House Office Building.
Before the presentation (and performances) started, these songwriters showed Digital Music News their royalty breakdowns for some of their most successful songs. These are overall payments for all songwriters involved.

songwriter4.jpg
songwriter5.jpg
songwriter1.jpg
songwriter2.jpg
songwriter3.jpg

Ouch. Doesn't look like it pays to be a songwriter when dealing with Pandora. Hopefully this situation can be worked out amicably

Take that is a boygroup if im not mistaking. Robbie Williams used to be in it. They were EXTREMELY BIG in the 90's.
At least here in Europe tho.

if you google pandoras revenue, they have been losing 16 million dollars year after year. They aint making a dime and their investors getting mad. I dont know about right now though, but that article I read was last year

We've Written Some of the Biggest Songs In History. And This Is What Pandora Pays Us...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
by paul

Something needs to be done about this

Ouch. Doesn't look like it pays to be a songwriter when dealing with Pandora. Hopefully this situation can be worked out amicably

Pandora smh

Take that is a boygroup if im not mistaking. Robbie Williams used to be in it. They were EXTREMELY BIG in the 90's.
At least here in Europe tho.

Yep, they're a huge British boy band

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

if you google pandoras revenue, they have been losing 16 million dollars year after year. They aint making a dime and their investors getting mad. I dont know about right now though, but that article I read was last year

Wonder what's going to be the next 'big thing'

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/music-genres/rap-hip-hop-r-b/world%92s-25-highest-paid-musicians-2012-a-425628/

Lets ignore his thread but post in labdummy's..

Y'all got a conspiracy on me ?

...damnit

Didn't even see this bro.. Sorry lol

Back