Flying Lotus full length album stream

of zedsupreme

guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/sep/26/flying-lotus-until-quiet-comes-stream?newsfeed=true&fb=native#_=_

Every song in its entirety posted for your pleasure. Listen at leisure and be astounded and humbled in equal measure.

To hear me cry you'd think it was bovvy fish market.

2 October. Listened to it all in one sitting. Think i'll go for another round but my initial impression is one of joy mixed with cynicism.Over a decade of music making the man has done things to me only accomplished by skilled lovers. The tracks that dont do pleasant things to me tend to at least get me on a cerebral level. On this however there are instances of bad composition, errors that flylo could never be accused of such as:
Dull filler material
Poorly developed ideas
Failing to maintain momentum
Ill conceived structure

And the list goes on. However... it is a great album and those criticisms are the product of an anally retentive pedantic obsessive compulsive. Perhaps I should have prefaced all this with the fact that this is in fact a brilliant album. Im comparing it to a standard attained on cosmogramma that approached and courted perfection.Moments that were of no mortal doing. The album has some songs that will go into the canon of great flylo songs but it also has some highly forgettable tracks. It seems to take place in two parts. The former is standard cosmogramma fair and moved me on a profound level in places. The second part is gentle giant with jazzier inflections. Its a baroque mediaeval anachronism. It requires one to approach it as a jazz album as opposed to a hip hop one. Its in the same vein as mahavishnu and ******* brew era Miles Davis but far more earthbound.

Impromptu review. I'd give it an 8 personally. In relation to the flying lotus canon it represents a man exploring his illustrious lineage from a different perspective and creating something of abstract organic beauty. It has to be taken as a whole. If nothing else hear me on this one. In an era of singles this is a symphonic scale work and listening to individual singles wont really yield much. Take it as a whole and listen in abstraction. If youre expecting electronic/beat music you will probably come away feeling betrayed an heated out of minutes or money. It has to be taken as "a collage of mystical states, dreams, sleep and lullabies" (flying lotus quote). Consider it as a cohesive whole and let it encompass and invade you

Disclaimer:This is not a hip hop album

Last edited:
I've only heard the 1st single...I definitely plan on checking out the new album. He is on some next level shit. Seems like a cool dude as well...he deserves all the success that is coming his way.

2 October. Listened to it all in one sitting. Think i'll go for another round but my initial impression is one of joy mixed with cynicism.Over a decade of music making the man has done things to me only accomplished by skilled lovers. The tracks that dont do pleasant things to me tend to at least get me on a cerebral level. On this however there are instances of bad composition, errors that flylo could never be accused of such as:
Dull filler material
Poorly developed ideas
Failing to maintain momentum
Ill conceived structure

And the list goes on. However... it is a great album and those criticisms are the product of an anally retentive pedantic obsessive compulsive. Perhaps I should have prefaced all this with the fact that this is in fact a brilliant album. Im comparing it to a standard attained on cosmogramma that approached and courted perfection.Moments that were of no mortal doing. The album has some songs that will go into the canon of great flylo songs but it also has some highly forgettable tracks. It seems to take place in two parts. The former is standard cosmogramma fair and moved me on a profound level in places. The second part is gentle giant with jazzier inflections. Its a baroque mediaeval anachronism. It requires one to approach it as a jazz album as opposed to a hip hop one. Its in the same vein as mahavishnu and ******* brew era Miles Davis but far more earthbound.

Impromptu review. I'd give it an 8 personally. In relation to the flying lotus canon it represents a man exploring his illustrious lineage from a different perspective and creating something of abstract organic beauty. It has to be taken as a whole. If nothing else hear me on this one. In an era of singles this is a symphonic scale work and listening to individual singles wont really yield much. Take it as a whole and listen in abstraction. If youre expecting electronic/beat music you will probably come away feeling betrayed an heated out of minutes or money. It has to be taken as "a collage of mystical states, dreams, sleep and lullabies" (flying lotus quote). Consider it as a cohesive whole and let it encompass and invade you

DUDE CHILL OUT.... It's just music, a expression it isn't meant to be super planned and thought out.

Consider it as a cohesive whole and let it encompass and invade you

Man u write for the NY times or some shit. What u know bout that mahavishnu orchestra shit? Billy Cobham is a beast. U can't be under 30, if so that's a breath of fresh air. Your review makes me want to check it out.

I know about Billy Cobham got the whole mans catalogue and I'm 22 as well as the Mahavishnu Orchestra.. Got some of it in vinyl in storage actually.

I know about Billy Cobham got the whole mans catalogue and I'm 22 as well as the Mahavishnu Orchestra.. Got some of it in vinyl in storage actually.
Great there is hope! However, do u listen to it cause you're a crate digger (not a badd thing) or because u love good music? I'll never forget the first time my friends uncle played Spectrum for us, blew me the f**ck away like how in the hell is he doing this on the drums!

Last edited:
Awesome! and more Awesome looking down the comments, thanks for introducing me to Billy Cobham! time to go get lost!

Back