FLUME wins at Aussie music awards

kesslook

Young 22 year old producer

Flume and Tame Impala were all the talk in the lead-up to last night’s ARIA Awards. And they didn’t disappoint, taking home three statues each and delivering a refreshing sense of humility, authenticity and casual footwear to the Australian music industry’s “night of nights”.

Flume, who already won Producer of the Year at the Artisan Awards last month, added Best Male, Dance Album and Breakthrough Artist. In his speech for Best Male, he took pride in the fact he was the first non-singer to win the ARIA for Best Male in the event’s history. “Do you know the coolest thing about winning this is?” he said. “I’m a producer, I don’t even sing.” Flume performed ‘The Greatest View’ (not a silverchair cover, but a song written for Intel) with Isabella Manfredi from The Preatures.

FLUME
'FLUME'
Best Male
Best Dance Album
Breakthrough Artist - Release
(Presented by PPCA)
Producer Of The Year

First time a best male has gone to a producer/electronic

2013 Aria Awards - Flume feat Isabella Manfredi - The Greatest View [1 December 2013] - YouTube

Check out the other in this category all awesome

Aria Awards / 2013 Best Dance Release - 27th ARIA Awards 2013

And in other categories listen to this -

MATT CORBY
'RESOLUTION'
ARIA Song Of The Year
(Presented by the Today Network)

and this

TAME IMPALA
'LONERISM'
Album Of The Year
Best Group
Best Rock Album
(Presented by Hard Rock Café)

And my nephew's latest, also a young producer

https://soundcloud.com/nick-panlook

Hope that clip works it's awesome, if not go here for all the clips - and you can watch them on youtube links for other countries.
Enjoy

Fact - He used to make "electro bangers" then started experimenting with other genres. Future Classic had a competition in which contestants were to send in their best tracks. Once he sent his, they signed him right away. And only at 18 years old.

I myself make house music because i feel its what i like and its what im so used to.

I admire that Flume steered away from what he was used to. Look where it got him.

People commenting on his age as something you needed to be. You don't need to be "just out of your diapers" to be talented. Some people have this gift and discover it early in their lives, other people don't.

His production and his musicality are truly amazing. If you listen very closely to each of his songs, you can always discover something new on every listen. short: I love his music and he deserves every success he can get!

Back