Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez

Who's Will Win?

• Mayweather

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Marquez

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, Floyd is undefeated and had to damn near beg to get the big fights. Back when Arturo Gatti and all of those dudes where the big names... you couldn't get them to mention Floyds name in a post fight interview. Floyd is human and not indestructible but if you watch his fights... he just always adapts to whatever is happening. De La Hoya has been in wars and has handled Felix Trinidad, beat Shane the second time, and has embarrassed a few legends... he looked like pure crap against Floyd.... to the point I wanted my money back, lol. Ricky Hatton was supposed to be this immovable force that made Kostya Zsu retire... the fool got the top turn buckle and he ain't even a wrestler, lol.

The one thing I like about this fight is that Floyd is giving the #2 fighter in the world, a man that a lot of people think beat Paciquao, a chance at a huge payday. Marquez probably didn't get squat from fighting Juan Diaz. You also see that Floyd isn't really talking down on Marquez like he's done other opponents that's because he knows Marquez deserves a huge pay day and that he has respect for Marquez as a fighter. Marquez doesn't play the star role that a Gatti or De La Hoya or Ricky Hatton liked to play. Media hounds, Marquez is just a fighter and Floyd knows it.

I'm glad for Marquez getting his big payday after being robbed in his 2nd fight with PacMan. PacMan was surprised as hell.

Anybody see the Paulie Maliggnaggi vs. Juan Diaz fight? and that decision? that's part of the reason I can't really give it up for boxing anymore... let alone $50, lol.

I agree w/ you 100% on Marquez beating Pacman in their second fight (I agreed w/ the draw the first time around).

just like I dont see cotto winning anymore more meaningful fights anytime soon, juz my 2 centz tho, hopefully im wrong, cuz imma a fan of cotto 2

I'm a huge Cotto fan but I also think his best fights MIGHT be behind him. Weather it was the Antonio Margarito fight, I dont know. But I do think Margarito cheated in that fight.

De La Hoya has been in wars and has handled Felix Trinidad, beat Shane the second time, and has embarrassed a few legends... he looked like pure crap against Floyd

Mayweather didnt look great in that De La Hoya fight either and by official score cards, he barely beat De La Hoya. By his own admission, he said he gave the fans a dud in that fight.

On paper, Mayweather should win. He is faster, bigger, and probably stronger. But he has not fought in a long time and he is going in the ring with the number two pound for pound fighter in the world. Anthing can happen.

Honestly, I dont see anyone beating Pacman right now. Mayweather got a decision over De La Hoya...Pacman destroyed him and made him quit. Mayweather knocked out Hatton in the 10th round...Pacman almost killed Hatton in the 2nd round and many people were suggesting Hatton retire after Pacman knocked him out.

Pac Man got the privilege of watching Mayweather fight both of them.

De La Hoya didn't manage to land one meaningful punch against Floyd... and if you're De La Hoya fighting Floyd and the fight is being promoted by Golden Boy Promotions... don't you think the fight would be close for Oscar, lol.

Look at what Golden Boy Promotions did for Juan Diaz... their fighter against Paulie Maliggnaggi...

Mayweather will take this one. I can't wait for the Mayweather vs. Pacman fight thought. That one's gonna be epic.

mayweather distroys everyone put in his path. nothing will change...pound for pound best fighter in the WORLD...fighting out of grand rapids, MI...baby.

mayweather distroys everyone put in his path. nothing will change...pound for pound best fighter in the WORLD...fighting out of grand rapids, MI...baby.

Mayweather didnt destroy De La Hoya. He didnt destroy Zab Judah. He didnt destroy Baldomir (or whatever his name is). He did destroy Arturo Gatti (RIP) and Diego Corrales (RIP).

Mayweather is on the borderline of entertaining and boring. His fights against Gatti and Corrales were great performances. The other fights I saw were either boring (his fight with De La Hoya, Judah, and Baldomir) or ok (Hatton). I know he's a great fighter but I've seen him too many times have the chance to really take a guy out and he doesnt. He just gets the decision and that's what I dont like.

Mayweather didnt destroy De La Hoya. He didnt destroy Zab Judah. He didnt destroy Baldomir (or whatever his name is). He did destroy Arturo Gatti (RIP) and Diego Corrales (RIP).

Mayweather is on the borderline of entertaining and boring. His fights against Gatti and Corrales were great performances. The other fights I saw were either boring (his fight with De La Hoya, Judah, and Baldomir) or ok (Hatton). I know he's a great fighter but I've seen him too many times have the chance to really take a guy out and he doesnt. He just gets the decision and that's what I dont like.

Floyd would rather keep embarassing you for the long haul, lol.

Hatton got KTFO... Judah tried to ruin the man for life... Baldomir didn't even land a punch - and has a brick head.... he sparred with Floyd when Floyd was going to fight Hatton.

De La Hoya look like he had never boxed a day in his life against Floyd... :bigeyes:

Floyd would rather keep embarassing you for the long haul, lol.

Hatton got KTFO... Judah tried to ruin the man for life... Baldomir didn't even land a punch - and has a brick head.... he sparred with Floyd when Floyd was going to fight Hatton.

De La Hoya look like he had never boxed a day in his life against Floyd... :bigeyes:

Mayweather KO'd Hatton. What Pacman did to Hatton is getting KTFO!!! Having the chance to take someone out and you dont is not embarrasing or entertaining.

actually he hasnt he has belts in three different weight classes but has been champion for ten yrs. one of those belts was a vacant belt fight with an old washed up De La Hoya at 154 which Floyd already walks around at 160. he doesn't fight in his weight class. follow him more...or boxin in general...he still hasn't faught 7 of the remainin fighters in welter.

Actually you should follow him more. He has won titles in

Light Middleweight
Welterweight
Light Welterweight
Lightweight
Super Featherweight

Thats five weight classes not 3.

alright here's the thing...bein a boxer myself...it SHOULD be a good fight...BUT, it wont be. Marquez has the skill and smarts to beat Gayweather but he wont because boxin wont allow him too. Floyd SHOULD beat this guy anyway...ONE Gayweather walks around 160lbs, Marquez 140. TWO Gayweather is TWO weight classes above Marquez...yes that doesnt mean much BUT it does when you have to gain 30lbs train at 160-170lbs THEN drop to 147 and train to gain your speed back...GENIUS move by Gayweather fightin this guy cuz he cant beat anyone else in his weight class being they dont have to gain that weight then dropp again. if Floyd doesnt win boxin is SCREWED because people pay to see him win fights so in conclusion Marquez has NO CHANCE IN HELL. not that he cant win physically but uless he knocks floyd out, the political end of boxin wont let him win...period.
cool another am. join the club:cheers:

i agree with alot of what your saying. mayweathers training is to dry out then rehydrate. he was bigger physcically than delahoya. 160lbs is easy. when guys like josh clottey goes form 147 pounds to 170lbs (heavier than calzaghe on fight night) paul williams is 168 pounds at 154 limit. mayweather clearely cuts the weight well and rehydrates as soon as he steps off the scales.

marquez sadly isnt like this, he is of the old school of stay in shape, come in shape........and drink piss;). i jest. but still he isnt a big guy in comparison. pacman dwarfed him who even tho short is a solid built peep.

also me perosnally i don tthink pacman is unbeatable as hbo are trying to make out. an aggressive, speedy, southpaw will get caught and bullied when he faces a big enough,technical, solid enough opponant. did anyone marquez-pacquiao 1&2 it's clear that marquez boxed enough to win both fights. but that doesnt mean he is able to box mayweather.

also marqez is mildly chinny (at world level a slight weakness is a big weakness) but if juan diaz who is a very agressive but light punching lightweight was able hurt him with a left hook then a right cross, left hook i think could land and end it. also berrera who was a shadow of himself missed roudn after round until he landed aright cross and made marquez do a dance.

i think it's a bad match up for JMM he is a solid top 5 p4p but he is a smaller man in comparison and against a guy who doenst take chances makes me wonder what he is able to bring to the table.

on big romes thing about hatton. it's a pretty unfair critique of ricky hatton. he is an agressive left hooker with awkward agility and good stamina. i think he is a pretty decent fighter. some manchester city fans saying "yeah he is going to knock out roy merryweather". is not the people who should represent him.

hatton has always had a problem with boxers...why not he has low hands and darts in with a hook. even at british level he was gettign bullied (like someone was tkaing his money) by a irish fighter called eamon magee. a solid southpaw with a decent dig and good techncial skills made hatton look amatuerish. also a journeyman who later got to euro level called jon thaxton who also got stopped by emanuel augustus if anybody knows who he is, was landing at will on hatton (think he broke ricky's nose).

while mayweather was cementing his superfeather,lightweight and now on to light welter hatton has just got onto serious world level after defending that vary valuable wbu strap.....

too little step up in too small a time.

also malignaggi-diaz was a pure clinic. surprised how bad the judging was. no way was that a diaz fight it was all paulie. crazy judgement.

anyone heard of tyson fury? he was fighting for the pointless english heavyweight title against a solid but rotund donut called mcdermott. big mac walked right through this guy for 8 of 10 rounds.......and it's declared a fury win by 8 roudns to 2. there should be an investigation unbelievable tish.

Yeah, I saw Marquez drinking urine...

sickening... lol.

The fight is on the 19th Cali... I'm not buying it though. I might buy PacMan vs Cotto though.

Paul Williams vs. Kelly Pavlik is a must see!

Bhop offered Roy Jones Jr a 55/45 split for a fight and Roy said he'd take it if he could get his commentators job at HBO back in the deal.

Roy destroyed Jeff Lacy (but not worse than Joe CalSlappy)

Actually you should follow him more. He has won titles in

Light Middleweight
Welterweight
Light Welterweight
Lightweight
Super Featherweight

Thats five weight classes not 3.
mayweather started at 130 which is lightweight won belt...the light middle weight 154 fight was the vacant de le hoya fight...he never faught 154 but that one fight...he has a belt in 130-147 which is three weight classes. the other are vacant title belts which means you dont fight that weight class and noone in that class holds it so its not a world title fight and or belt....he has three world titles which he's held for ten plus yrs

cool another am. join the club:cheers:

i agree with alot of what your saying. mayweathers training is to dry out then rehydrate. he was bigger physcically than delahoya. 160lbs is easy. when guys like josh clottey goes form 147 pounds to 170lbs (heavier than calzaghe on fight night) paul williams is 168 pounds at 154 limit. mayweather clearely cuts the weight well and rehydrates as soon as he steps off the scales.

marquez sadly isnt like this, he is of the old school of stay in shape, come in shape........and drink piss;). i jest. but still he isnt a big guy in comparison. pacman dwarfed him who even tho short is a solid built peep.

also me perosnally i don tthink pacman is unbeatable as hbo are trying to make out. an aggressive, speedy, southpaw will get caught and bullied when he faces a big enough,technical, solid enough opponant. did anyone marquez-pacquiao 1&2 it's clear that marquez boxed enough to win both fights. but that doesnt mean he is able to box mayweather.

also marqez is mildly chinny (at world level a slight weakness is a big weakness) but if juan diaz who is a very agressive but light punching lightweight was able hurt him with a left hook then a right cross, left hook i think could land and end it. also berrera who was a shadow of himself missed roudn after round until he landed aright cross and made marquez do a dance.

i think it's a bad match up for JMM he is a solid top 5 p4p but he is a smaller man in comparison and against a guy who doenst take chances makes me wonder what he is able to bring to the table.
i couldnt agree more.

mayweather started at 130 which is lightweight won belt...the light middle weight 154 fight was the vacant de le hoya fight...he never faught 154 but that one fight...he has a belt in 130-147 which is three weight classes. the other are vacant title belts which means you dont fight that weight class and noone in that class holds it so its not a world title fight and or belt....he has three world titles which he's held for ten plus yrs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr.

Mayweather has won six world boxing championships in five different weight classes

Argue with Wikipedia

3.1 Super Featherweight
3.2 Lightweight
3.3 Junior Welterweight
3.4 Welterweight
3.5 Super welterweight

That logic is ignorant. If you fight for a belt vacant or not it counts as a WORLD TITLE regardless. And Lightweight is 135 pounds not 130. For someone who claims to be a boxer you don't know much.

The Light Middleweight strap he won in the Oscar Fight was not vacant Oscar won it from Mayorga. TSK TSK never ever tell anyone else to follow boxing more.

Last edited:
Back