FL Studio to Logic Transition??

noriyukimyagi

Hi,

Recently went out and got myself a macbook pro, love it so far and can't fault it as a laptop. I've been producing for a few years now and have gotten to a stage where I'm happy with what I can do. However, this has all been using FL Studio on a PC. I still have said PC, but having used my mac with the retina display and its super speed compared to my sluggish old Asus, I'm finding it hard to go back to it to produce on FL.

My question is, would it be worth partitioning my hard drive and installing FL on my mac (I've considered this and come close to doing so, however can't find any info on using VSTs on bootcamp) OR should I bite the bullet, purchase and learn Logic Pro? The thought of learning a new DAW is daunting given where I'm at in terms of comfort with FL, but I've heard its a great bit of software...

Anyone made the change themselves?

Thanks

Nori

There's apparently a native Mac FL version coming out somewhere down the road. It's been in the making for a few years, so no telling when the actual release is. There's a beta running in a Crossover wrapper, which might be worth at least trying and seeing how it runs.

VSTs on Bootcamp run exactly as they should, as Bootcamp is really just a boot selector - you'll be running your regular Windows (which you'll need a license for). It's not any kind of a "Win on Mac emulation", which many people seem to think it is...

Then again, learning Logic and using FL as well is the best of both worlds - I don't see a reason to switch completely, if you're comfortable with FL.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I read that they're working on a mac version, I'm thinking I'm going to do the whole bootcamp partition thing until that day comes - just another question, do I have to download and install the windows versions of VSTs on the Windows boot, and if so is the installation just as it would be on a PC?

Thanks

Hi,

Recently went out and got myself a macbook pro, love it so far and can't fault it as a laptop. I've been producing for a few years now and have gotten to a stage where I'm happy with what I can do. However, this has all been using FL Studio on a PC. I still have said PC, but having used my mac with the retina display and its super speed compared to my sluggish old Asus, I'm finding it hard to go back to it to produce on FL.

My question is, would it be worth partitioning my hard drive and installing FL on my mac (I've considered this and come close to doing so, however can't find any info on using VSTs on bootcamp) OR should I bite the bullet, purchase and learn Logic Pro? The thought of learning a new DAW is daunting given where I'm at in terms of comfort with FL, but I've heard its a great bit of software...

Anyone made the change themselves?

Thanks

Nori

I've been running FL Studio on my mac via bootcamp without a hitch for years now.

Thanks for the response! Yeah I read that they're working on a mac version, I'm thinking I'm going to do the whole bootcamp partition thing until that day comes - just another question, do I have to download and install the windows versions of VSTs on the Windows boot, and if so is the installation just as it would be on a PC?

Thanks

Curious what audio setting do you use, I was able to get FL studio through Parallels Desktop running on my Mac but the only problem is that the audio is messed up. My audio options are primary sound driver and Asio4All no matter which one I choose there always crackling and popping noises when any noise comes out of fl studios

Last edited:

Thanks

Yes

Back