FL Studio Rewire Reason Redrum Midi Outs to Mixer?

sup guys, i'm trying to use Redrum in FL Studio with rewire and want to assign each midi out to its own channel on the mixer..but i cant seem to get it to work.

i have the multi output checked and added input mappings for port 0,1,2,3,etc for each instrument in Redrum. then i created midi outs for each instrument and assigned the corresponding ports, but they all only show up in the mixer under the vst channel in FL studio..

any ideas?

Last edited:
It's easy go to my soundcloud download my kit, it has a preset for Reason and a preset for FL, it automatically has everything wired to the correct spot, so you can have the Reason instruments in the FL mixer.

**** wit it playboy

It's easy go to my soundcloud download my kit, it has a preset for Reason and a preset for FL, it automatically has everything wired to the correct spot, so you can have the Reason instruments in the FL mixer.

**** wit it playboy

i'll check it out!

edit: damn, the templates u used are newer versions than what i have. I'm using FL8 and Reason4

thanks anyway!

Last edited:
basically assign each instrument in Redrum to its own mixer channel in FL studio

This hasn't got much to do with MIDI - you're talking about audio channels. Not sure what you're talking about with the "input mappings" here, but the basic setup in Reason's end consists simply of hooking all the individual outputs to the Reason Hardware Interface - those are the channels that show up in ReWire masters (in this case, FL). No idea how ReWire works in FL though, but I suppose there's plenty of tutorials for this out there.

This hasn't got much to do with MIDI - you're talking about audio channels. Not sure what you're talking about with the "input mappings" here, but the basic setup in Reason's end consists simply of hooking all the individual outputs to the Reason Hardware Interface - those are the channels that show up in ReWire masters (in this case, FL). No idea how ReWire works in FL though, but I suppose there's plenty of tutorials for this out there.
i'm trying to have them assigned to separate mixer tracks in FL Studio so that I can properly trackout each instrument. i've tried searching for tutorials and found some for different VST's and every module in Reason EXCEPT Redrum! just my luck lol

Well, the principle is exactly the same no matter which unit it is. Take the individual outs in the back of the ReDrum, wire them to individual channels on the Hardware Interface & do what those tutorials tell you.

Back