Fl studio not using mp3's anymore...just wav.s....anymore..

Bigwon

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my situation: When using fl studio prior to today I was using mp3's,wav's, etc. as samples (kicks, snares, samples, etc.) and i open up flstudio today to find that more then 90 % of my work is not loading up.

so i experiment a bit and find that my samples won't load, everything but some drums here and there. So i find out that fl studio decided that it'll keep loading wav. files but just won't bother with anything else.

I'm just hoping that someone might've ran into the same problem and found a fix for this, it's really kicking my a** raight now as i've still yet to find answers on google myself.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

Wow have not heard of that problem before. It's possible that the LAME mp3 encoder is somehow now corrupt...not sure...look in your fl folder and make sure you still have a LAMEenc.dll file. I don't know if it uses this coder everytime it loads an mp3 in fl or if it only uses it to save to mp3, but you might start there.

thank you so much! I've looked into it and it seems to be the software that exports your fl. file to mp3 format. But i tried downloading a folder with the dll. off the net anyways...afraid it doesn't work.

again thanks for the input, I have no idea what is happening, this is an absolute mind ****!

thank you so much! I've looked into it and it seems to be the software that exports your fl. file to mp3 format. But i tried downloading a folder with the dll. off the net anyways...afraid it doesn't work.

again thanks for the input, I have no idea what is happening, this is an absolute mind ****!

Well you could try the fl diagnostic tool but I have only had a 50% success rate with using it, but some guy on the forums over there created one that I have used and it worked for me! I had a flp file that would not open from like fl 6 and no matter what I did it won't open. I use this and bam it worked. You can give it a try and see if it fixes your problem. I don't know just an idea....

heres the link from the fl forums

scroll down...should be a link to it about half way down.

thanks for further aiding in the cause, i love you guys! I think there's been a miscommunication as far as the problem goes though.

it's not quite the flp. files i'm having troubles with (they load up just fine, the arrangements, fx, etc.) but it's just when it comes time to loading the mp3. files i have loaded in the 'sampler' as well as 'wave traveller' or whatever other files which you load mp3's, wav's, etc. into.

see whats happening is when it comes to loading those specific files, it just sort of stops like 'oh what the hell' and skims over it, leaving the open filed with half of the sounds not loaded in. the channels aren't aren't turning them up(isn't a screw up in the file directory) it just simply doesn't recognize it for whatever reason.

Even as i try to re-open the sounds and start over it doesn't so much as preview the track when i'm browsing through my sounds. It's very strange and i've never seen anything like it.

jerome, i did try re-installing it but to no avail....i'm thinking it's something deep in my driver settings that might have gone haywire, but i really don't know enough about that stuff to start performing surgery on it yet....lol..

Last edited:
k I was thinking that this would somehow reset the flp file and inturn fix a setting that may be missing.....but based on what you last wrote yeah it sounds like a driver issue. There may have been a windows updated that ran without you knowing that caused this problem to the driver.....heres what I would do:

1. Uninstall or disable anything that plays mp3..windows media player,etc. if you can.

2. Then reset the setting in fl back to factory. Even though you did a uninstall/reinstall it may have retained some settings in a temp file somewhere and just reloaded them. To do that, go to ....
programs
image line
fl studios
advanced
reset settings

I don't man..but you can try it and see....I looked on the fl forums and found nothing on this....it's crazy

thank you so much for everything! I'm thinking going to try that, but i'm just going to mess around and do more searching until then as i think i might worsten my situation elsewere messing around with them...

but overall it's weird, i load a wav. file into a channel, Perfect! then i go to load an mp3 to take it's place and...the wav. stays there. it makes me think glitch, but i'm going to look into finding a dll. file that might be able to fix or replace with.

thanks! i did try that though before....hehe....i then i tried uninstalling and clearing the data files to clear any settings that might've saved. then i tried a prior version of fl.....it's weird...

another example: you know when you pick a sample to load and you see at the top left were it shows you the loading progress? well from what i saw it just flickers and stops like nothing happened. then in my channel i have the file name showing but there's no wave in sight, and no sound plays.

i've tried it in wave traveller, sampler, fl slicer so far there all the same. So no one here's heard of this problem either huh?

well come on folks! let's get the cherry popping on!
i'm definately up to more suggestions, lol!

---------- Post added 11-18-2010 at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was 10-30-2010 at 07:26 PM ----------

hi guys, just thought i'd bump this and see if anyone has any ideas. So what i've established so far is:

-when i go to load samples it can only be in wav. format now,

-fl studio has lost it's means to convert/resample mp3. into the the program so i can incorporate them into the mix.

-it's a problem with every wave sampler on the program including, fl slicer, wave traveller, edison, sampler, audio, etc.

just thought i'd put it up in case someone had any suggestions.
thanks!

Lol.....I hate to be a dick.....but are y'all using registered copies?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

If so.....What version?

i did a fresh install of my windows and reinstalled fl studio and mp3s started back working but when i loaded one of my old beats it stopped working again.... this sucks i got some great ideas for some new samples i found.

stop using mp3's its a grade f audio format for audio production.......if you know the samples needed for these tracks just convert them to wav (even tho its gonna keep the father mp3 quality) and open em up into the selected channel and all should be well......time consuming yes but it will have results.....fl keeps all info on the channels like slices etc. I believe so anyway. Just don't open new channels.

you should use wave files anyway...mp3 is a lossless format whick comprises the integrity of the audio even worse over time!

FL Studio 8 will not import MP3 only Wav

Yes i have also searched the web for answers to this crazy problem. Mine it matters nothing which way around you attempt to import an MP3 it wont import any MP3 whether you cut the size down or what. All i used to do was drag and drop the MP3 clip into FL Studio as simple as that.
Now all i am getting is when i drag the clip the name of the clip appears but the track does not all i get is these thin lines as though the MP3 File is empty.
I did look at a number of things in trying to solve this problem, one was deletion of old or unused programmes.
One particular programme i deleted was the K-lite codec Pack.. I redownloaded this and restarted the PC only to find the same problem. I also tried system restore still no work around. I just wanted to know if the founder of this thread solved the problem? I really do not want to uninstall FL-Studio and load it back in as this defeats the objective of finding what caused this problem in the first place, Someones answer on here seem to imply this only can happen on unregistered copies of the programme? Well considering Image Line are constantly bringing out new versions faster than i can change my underpants I stuck to the version that i purchased a couple of years back. There is nothing in any manual or even on FL-Studio site how to get around this problem and we are not the only ones who have had this problem but it also does not happen just on 8 as i have read even 10 has had this problem of importing MP3's.
Its also ok for some to suggest ahh don't bother with MP3 for what ever reason and convert the files to something else? No again this defeats the objective of why this happens. There may come a day when you need to import an MP3 and Fl-Studio is capable of doing it. Also what happens when i uninstall this programme which is not a five minute job as nothing is on any PC but worse i reinstall and then it happens again?. No we must discover the route of the problem and there are probably many more out there who have crossed this problem with importing MP3 files so if you have fixed how did you do it and mostly what was it that caused this malfunction. Should i discover what it was i will certainly post up here.. So any help please without having uninstall or lose any of my VST's would be welcome.
Thankyou

I just tried importing mp3's in fl studio 8 and 10 and no problems whatsoever.I wish you guys luck and I hope that you can find and correct the problem

Back