[FL Studio] My drum samples previews are louder?

the.boy

Hi all

When i preview my drum samples (Any drums from any pack), they always sound loud and clear. But when i drag them onto my pattern and start working on my drums, they are really quiet and not very punchy? If i send them to my piano roll its the same. Like i could click on a kick or 808 and it sounds dope, why does it go quiet when its on my channel rack? Im sure theres an easy fix but i just dont know what it is! Thanks

hey man, I had that same problem for a while. By default, FL Studio sets the volume to -5.2db (or 78%).

To fix it... drag a sample drum over into the pattern step sequencer. there should be a floating box named "Channel Settings - NameOfSample". If this box isn't showing, make sure "Channel Settings" is checkmarked under VIEW.

At the top of the Channel Settings, there are 3 knobs... Pan, Volume & Pitch. The 2nd knob (volume) is what will make your sample be as loud as it is in the browser.

I have a blank template that I've gone through and made all the channel settings set to 100%, which each one linked/assigned to a different MIXER channel. I keep the Channel Settings at 100% and only turn down the MIXER channels when I want to lower the volume of certain sounds.

hope this helps.

Back