FL Studio mixdowns in terrible quality?

stru

It's hard to explain, but when I work on a song (using ASIO4ALL sound driver) in FL it sounds so clean. Then when I mix it down to an audio file, it seems like low frequencies become distorted and everything sounds like an absolute mess. For example, if I'm making a hip-hop beat, the kicks seem to overpower the synth lead. But when I was working on it in FL Studio it didn't sound like that. I had to turn down the kicks so much before mixing it down just to minimize the crap distortion, and even then you still hear it and it sounds like absolute ****. And I now make dubstep so this problem is even more aggravating than it was before.

I use the "SLOW AS HELL!" mixdown option, sample rate of 320kbps, and I get this effect in any format whether it be wav, mp3, etc. I never had this problem in FL Studio 9, but all of the sudden it's became an issue when I upgraded to 10. Is there a way to fix this?

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

I should also mention that if I work on the song in FL Studio with Primary Sound Driver or any other sound driver other than ASIO, it gets this "effect". So maybe if I could mix the file down using Asio I guess?

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Guys I'm serious, I really need someone to help with this because I'm all out of ideas and it's really stressing me out. The IL forum doesn't let me post, so this was my next shot. I just wanna make music without it sounding like ass.

Asio4all is an emulation of Asio drivers. Even if you can still use Asio4all its recommended you still get a soundcard/audio interface. Sure you can get good latency and maybe achieve a good mix, but the quality doesn't compare to real hardware. Some might argue when they never heard a real or good sound-card before. The default drivers are worse off than the Asio4all drivers...onboard drivers may come with enhancements, or have to much compression squashing your audio. Really Asio4all uses the same hardware of course just not the default software drivers. Make sure your computer doesn't have any special one click sound environment enhancers enabled it will throw you all off.

What are you playing back your music with? Windows Media Player? You gotta turn of the enhancements, and all that auto stuff.

make sure whatever you're playing the track with after you export it does not have any eq settings on it..

other than that i duno what to tell ya..never had this problem before

320kbps
No Red Lining...except for the 808/909 bass play spots.
Overall track reverb/anti-clipping/oscilation smoothing(if you use lots of synths)
Chainer with Parameter EQ(original not PE2), Blood Overdrive, Sound Goodizer(Sometimes),Izotope Ozone 4--- all tweaked to tracks individually.

^^^^^
Thats somewhat of my mixdown check list on FL.

I SEVERELY recommend never using ASIO as it is the industry standard.
If you can...try to get SRS Audio Sandbox. It takes clarity to another level no matter what soundcard you have.

Hope that helps pimpin.

I'd like to add that the waves exported from fl studio... runs very slow when opened in cubase or nuendo.. what is the problem with this?

Back